Greed | Teen Ink

Greed

By Awesomesauce SILVER, Daly City, California
Awesomesauce SILVER, Daly City, California

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

He realizes he'd never been so greedy before.

He knows he was already in deep water the first time he'd asked her. But once you taste temptation there's simply no turning back. This time, she reluctantly agreed to let him kiss her on the lips, after giving the place a very quick but thorough look-see. She closes her eyes, her eyebrows fixed in a hesitant furrow showing her inexperience.

He remembers the other girl. He remembers their kisses, brimming with pure passion and spontaneously unrelenting to the world. Yet when he looked deep inside, he realized he could only go so far as he sensed that something--some incomprehensible thing--was missing. He wanted--was thrilled--by the passion, the feeling that he gets when he's on the brink of excitement. Chaste kisses never bore meaning in the first place.

However, when it came to her, it was different. Mere glances and chaste kisses were enough to cast a thousand fires in him. He knows that even if he had forever to kiss her it still wouldn't be enough. With her, he felt some sort of completeness. Tranquility. And yet her very presence stirs a wild fire in him.

Her love is uncertain yet sincere and cruelly sweet. Like alcohol, it touches every bit of his soul and leaves him yearning for more. It clouds his reason and shakes him to the core. He realizes wants every single bit of her love until his heart is full to burst.

When he touches her lips, he feels like he's on the brink of insanity. With her, a mere touching of lips send a wave of tremor that could only be incited with passionate kisses from others. One more whiff of her scent, the sweet yet not-so-strong fragrance of strawberries, and he almost snaps, almost wants to push her against the wall, vowing to taste every bit of her like there's no tomorrow. And then it was over before it started.

As she walks away, he grabs her from behind. Grabs her like he wants to hold on forever. "Please, don't go." He says, his voice almost cracking. He hopes she heard it as a whisper.

"I have a meeting to go to." She says. "I'll see you later."