A Heart Can't Get Broken -Prologue | Teen Ink

A Heart Can't Get Broken -Prologue

March 21, 2010
By Invaild_Kt BRONZE, Wattsburg, Pennsylvania
Invaild_Kt BRONZE, Wattsburg, Pennsylvania
3 articles 1 photo 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
Theres Jello Rocks My Socks, but Pudding does it Better...... I Love you!


He left her, so was so sad. She built up her defenses so there was no way she could be hurt again. She was finally able to go out, breath normally again, she was finally able to visit old friends without thinking of him a every move. When he turned up again. Just showed up one day outside her house in his car. Just about all her friends were over that day. The best guy friend she had was reading to go out and tell him to leave. Then again so were all her other girl friends.

However, as they were fighting for the door knob she finally made her decision. She stood up and did what she should have done when this all first started.

“Stop guys,” She said with a voice none of them were used to hearing. “Look its time for me to stick up for me. I let him walk all over me when he left. I won’t let him do that again. I need to go out there and see what he wants. It could be something as simple as the return of my Mp3 player that I left at his house. You all know how much I’ve wanted that back.”

She added the last part just to add some humor to it all. She tried, but none of them were convinced. They could all see through Ana’s wall including herself, but she couldn’t let that wall down. She had worked to hard to put it up, thin as it was. She pushed through her friends to the door and stepped outside. She smiled at her friends before she closed the door. Than took a deep breath and walked on. He broke her heart once, and if he was here to break her heart again. Well he just wasn’t going to, because she wasn’t going to let it happen.

“So, what do you want?”

“Well, umm, I’ve been thinking-”

“Wow giant shocker there the big J.D actually thinks.” She pretends gasps and covers here mouth trying her best to be over dramatic.

“Look Ana you don’t have to be so-”

“So what J.D huh? You walk out on me, crush my heart, and then come back here and tell me to not be so, what? So crabby, rude, acting like a b-”

“Yes ok now could you please shut-up a minute and let me talk?”

“I’m pretty sure that I heard all you had to say before. Now I would appreciate of you would leave.”

“Actually I don’t have to, you see I’m not breaking the law or anything. I could be put here for days and not be doing any harm.”

“What are you going to do? Wait out here until I talk to you?”

“Maybe.”

“Fine, just return the Mp3 player and get out of here.”

“Oh you mean the Mp3 player you threw at me?”

“Yes I think that would be the one.” Beginning to get tired of standing there fighting off emotions she sat down in the grass, and decided to fight off the emotions sitting down.

“Yah well least to say I’m not ready to give it back yet.”

“What that’s mine, you just can’t chose not to give it back.” She became angry so she stood up again.

“Well considering that you threw it at my head. I think that would sort of make it mine.” Now it was his turn to sit down in the grass, looking much more calmer than she was.

“Fine keep it, I’ll just get a new one. Is that all?”

“No, you brought up the Mp, not me. Hey I think I just rhymed.”

“Not funny Jay.” They both were slightly shocked at the name she chose to call him. Everyone called him J.D, she was the only one who had ever called him Jay. Neither of them wanted to bring it up.

“Ok well anyway would you like to know the real reason why I came.”

“Well yah I think I would seeing as you are not going to leave until you tell me.”

“You are absolutely right. So here goes’”

“Oh thank God.” She said leaning up against his old rusted car.

“Are you done yet?”


“Yes. Yes I think I am. You may continue.” She said sitting down against the car, as far away from J.D as possible.

“Ok then,” He resisted moving closer to her, like they would have before. “Ok so you see. This is kind of hard for me to tell you.” His cockiness before had vanished, now replacing some shy guy that she had never seen before.

“Just go on and blurt it out. Come on you’ve never had trouble coming up with words before. Especially that one time.”

“Alright Ana I just came to tell you I’m sorry ok?” He stood up realizing that their was no way he could sit down and tell her what he had to.

“I know I hurt you-”

“Hurt me Jason you did more then hurt me! You almost killed me!”

“Oh so we go from J.D to Jay to Jason huh?”

“Sorry but old habits die hard. You should know.”

“And what is that suppose to mean?”

“Oh you know exactly what it means! You lied to everyone before me. Then when you come to me, you say that I can trust you. I can be with you. Everything would be ok, because you would change for me. But you didn’t did you? And our whole relationship was a lie! Right from the beginning and you know it. You knew it! So now I really need you to go.” Where had he lost control, and who was this girl, it certainly wasn’t the Ana he knew and loved. She had gotten up off the ground and was starting to turn around when he grabbed her arm.

“How dare you touch me!”

“Look if you just except me to get up and walk away without saying what I needed to say then you really don’t know me do you Ana?”

“No I guess I don’t, because the J.D, Jay, Jason what ever I call you. Would have never hurt me the way you did. So I’m sorry, no wait I’m not. So leave. Now.” He didn’t do anything just stood there and held on to her arm. Desperate not to let her leave again.

“That means you are going to have to let go of my arm.” She said this with heat in her voice, but she really did not like the way he was looking at her. Like she was his lost puppy, that he lost once, and he was afraid of letting back outside.

“What happened to you Ana? You never used to be this way. What happened to the loving, caring, and soft-hearted Ana I once knew?”

“She’s dead Jay you killed her. You tore out her heart and killed her. Now what’s left is me. I’ve built this wall up finally be able to breath again. Finally able to act some what like myself. Then you come around again, and park outside my house and except what exactly? Every thing to be ok just because you said sorry?

“Look no I didn’t except any of that honest.”

“Ha! Then you have the nerve to say honest? Huh?” She yanked her arm away from him and stepped out of his reach. “I want you gone as quick as you can get in your car, get it started and you hit the gas peddle.” She goes to turn around and march back up the driveway.

“I’m not leaving!” He shouts to her. She slowly turns around about ready to let the waterfall she’s been holding back fall.

“I am not going anywhere. I am going to stand right out here until you talk to me and hear me out. I love you Anastasia, I always have, and I always will. You scared me and I didn’t know what to do. So I lied, I backed out, and I ran. I went back to who I once was and I was awful towards you. And I couldn’t be more sorry. I thought that after a while I would just get over you. I would just move on with my life and forget everything. But I couldn’t. It’s been almost 2 months now. I can’t go to sleep without thinking of you, then when I wake up your there again. I can’t eat, talk do nothing without me wishing you were right there next to me. And it is killing me Ana. I need you back. I am so sorry and I will keep telling you that for the rest of our lives if you want me to. But you need to know, that I love you. And I will stop at nothing to get you back Ana. I love you.”

She was silent for a few minutes, trying to think of what to say. Should she go back to him. Simply say leave then run up the drive to go cry her eyes out in the bathroom. Or should she fight it out. Well she really didn’t want to be lied to anymore, and she couldn’t lie to herself anymore either. So it was time.

“Look,” She said walking towards him looking him dead in the eye. “I loved you once. Truly I did. But that was before you took my heart in your hands loved it, then before I knew it was throwing it on the ground and stomping on it. You told me you loved me once before, and I was stupid enough to believe it. Not this time. No, no one will ever use me the way you used me again. You hurt me Jay, worse than I have ever been hurt before, and for that I can never forgive you. So the fact that after almost 2 months of crushing my heart you come back and feed it to the vultures. How dare you, how dare you ever think… What did you think that I was just going to fall into your arms and forgive you. Well I’m not now leave! Do not make me say it again.”

Having said what she had to say she turned around and ran up the drive as fast as she could. Before he could say something to make her change her mind. Or before he noticed the tears stinging her eyes. She had to hold them off just a little but longer. She walked into the house and slammed the door as hard as she could. That is when she noticed all her friends were running out from the living room. They had obviously been watching and figured they would comfort her now. Boy where they wrong.

“Out! I want everybody out now!” They just stood there in shock, they had never seen her like this before.

“What do you all have bones for brains to? I said out and I meant it! I just want to be alone!” They ever so slowly began to move towards the door. All but one, Lacy, Ana’s best friend since they were in 3rd grade.

“Look I know it hurts to much to talk now, but when the time comes I am only a few houses away. Come and get me, or call and I will be right over.”

“Thanks Lace. I just need to be alone right now.”

“I understand.” They all had walked outside and the door was just about to be shut when Chris came back in.

“Chris I thought I told you to leave!”

“Look ok I will, it’s just I wanted to let you know that the jerk is still out there.”

“Don’t call him that. He may have broken my heart, but he is no jerk by far.”

“Ok then? So you don’t want me to tell him to leave then?” Chris looked slightly confused. How can a guy dump a girl after telling her he loved her, then show back up 2 months later and not be a total and complete jerk?

“Oh yes, tell him to leave quickly or I’ll call the police.”

“You will?” Now shock came over his face, she was going to call the police on a guy who wasn’t a jerk. Hmmm.

“No not really, what would I tell them, huh? That my ex-boyfriend won’t leave the street in front of my house, because he claims to still- Well anyway they would laugh, and besides there is nothing they can do about it. Just tell him as a threat ok?”

“Ok fine with me.” As he shut the door, she went over and locked it, this way there was no chance of anyone barging in on her. Then she slowly leaned against the door, and slid down it. Finally letting all the tears that had built up fall down. She stayed like that for some time to. The tears slightly but quickly rolling down her face. She didn’t even bother to wipe them, being as she knew more were to come.

She was crying because she knew she still loves him. More than anything in the world. People would say she was only 17, and she had no idea what true love was. And maybe they were right. However, her heart was aching, because she longed for him. What she thought was fixed was not. Turns out she had only slapped a band-aide on it. Now everyone knows, that band-aide only help heal small wounds. However, her wound was large, and still fresh, and just had some salt poured on it. So that is why she sat there and cried.

When her parents came home and tried to get in, and realized the door was locked they knew something was wrong. Ana attempted to wipe the tears off her face, but her mom knew right when she opened the door that something was wrong. Partly because Ana never locked the door, another part was because J.D hadn’t left the road beside their house yet. But mostly because there were still tears falling down Ana’s face.

Her mother pulled her into the living room, pushed her father into the kitchen to put a food, and Ana in between sobs told her mother every thing. From the start of things of what she had never told her mother to begin with, right down with what happened today. Her mother just listened and held her close when the right parts came. As she listened to everything Ana had to say. About the, relationship of Anastasia and Jason Diddle… That is why they call him J.D.


The author's comments:
It is the first part, I have 3 chapeters written that I would like to post. Criticism is appreciated very much. Thank you.