Make It an Adventure | Teen Ink

Make It an Adventure

By jet15 SILVER, Grafton, Wisconsin
jet15 SILVER, Grafton, Wisconsin

"I believe in music the way some people believe in fairytales"
-August Rush

I walk into the airport and looked around nervously thinking that there could be no one that would oblige my insane request, but then I saw her. The women with the tight bun and the blue dress uniform, but what really got me was as I saw her standing there she smiles a curious smile and I knew she would help me.

I walk up to her and her name tag says “Ally”. I smile up at her she is wearing her hair in a tight bun, it looks odd on her. She looks like the kind of girl to wear it loose in curls at her neck. Then I look her straight in the eyes. They are a deep green and I know that if I saw them in dim lighting I could easily fall in love. But these lights are buzzing and florescent. Too bad. But that’s ok, this wasn’t the time to fall in love, maybe she’d be back here when I get back , maybe then I could ask her out.

“Hi,” I say, “my name is Chris. Could you please sell me a ticket?”

“Sure,” she says, that polite “What can I do for YOU?” tone in her voice, “where are you going?”

I smile shyly, “Well,” I say, “I was hoping you could choose for me. Make it an adventure; make it somewhere you would never imagine me going.”

She looks slightly shocked but her stare turns to mischief, “I can do that, sir. No problem.”

“Call me Chris,” I tell her.

“Sure…Chris,” she plays with my name on her tongue and smiles in an approving way. She stares at me for a moment and then punches some keys and the ticket prints. She writes down something I can’t see and gives me the ticket.

“Have a nice flight Chris.”

“I will thank you, Ally.”

I take my ticket and walk to the gates. I turn the ticket over and see where she has sent me, along with a hand written note saying, “Save me a seat -Ally.”

I was inspired when I was driving down the freeway and I passed a Trans-Air truck and I thought about how in an airport you always know where you are going and where you are coming. Then I thought well, what if you didn't know where you were going and the story came to be.

sfarias2010 said...
sfarias2010, Columbus, Ohio
this is good keep writing

allieboo233 BRONZE, Roanoke Tx, Texas

"dance like theres nobody watching"

OMG SO MY NAME IS ALLIE AND MY BFS NAME IS CHRIS AND THAT IS ALMOST HOW WE MET..CREEEEPY

sansnom BRONZE said...
sansnom BRONZE, Grafton, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
the first time I read this, I was like, well where do they go?! and I agreed with the other comments. but i think that this is one of those stories that's great without it continuing. It allows us to use our imaginations and that makes it more fun. but you COULD, of course, write more, that wouldn't ruin it or anything :P

Lovely:) SILVER, Clarendon, Texas

Laugh as much as you breath and love as long as you live.

luuuuuved it!

I totally agree with everyone else. You should write, like, a second chapter. Keep up the good work!

Nez.sner.snafala.boo, Hayward, California

"the real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space."
-marilyn monroe

im a little confused.where are they going to be going?it would be a great novel suggesting the fact that they just meet,interesting twist to the short story.

Riley141 GOLD said...
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan

" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

I love how it leaves you thinking.. You sould write a second

Meli138 said...
Meli138, GP, Texas

"Like a bird with broken wings its not how high he flies but the song he sings"
"Everybody live like its the last day you will ever see tell me tell me do you feel the pressure now?"

Hey this could seriously be turned into a novel! Great job!