Goodbye Stranger | Teen Ink

Goodbye Stranger

By alexandraacreel GOLD, Lorton, Virginia
alexandraacreel GOLD, Lorton, Virginia

"The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears."

Each morning I woke up to find you looking into my eyes. So I stared right back. I could've melted in your honey brown, but you'd close your eyelids before I'd get the chance to leak into them. I watched your lips as they stretched into a smile. Your mouth opened and music poured out like silk...or was it good morning? I can't remember. All I could think about were your eyes. Oh how I could've just drowned in them. How I could've just slipped away into the deep glamor of it all and not be afraid. I miss that. I miss it so much.
Once you came back, I looked into those eyes, searching for a reason to stay, but all I saw in the chocolaty mess, was a stranger. Once you came back, you were a different person. An impostor. And the love you out-poured with a fiery passion from the depth of your heart was not for me. For I saw the lies between you, and yet another stranger, whose eyes seemed to be those of a friend. But now you are both strangers. I know neither the heart nor the soul of either of you. For you did not know the passionate heart and soul of me.

And it was you.

sorry if it's not good:P I'm just messing with some words[;

on Apr. 15 2010 at 11:49 pm
alexandraacreel GOLD, Lorton, Virginia

thanks so much ! I would've made it better, but I had to get it all down before I forgot ! (:

on Mar. 26 2010 at 12:32 am
Avidreaderandwriter GOLD, Dutch Harbor, Alaska

People are like quicksand, regular at first, tricky next, the end, you sink. -Annoymous

Love it. Love the wording!!:D