Goodbye Stranger | Teen Ink

Goodbye Stranger

March 3, 2010
By alexandraacreel GOLD, Lorton, Virginia
alexandraacreel GOLD, Lorton, Virginia
15 articles 8 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears."


Each morning I woke up to find you looking into my eyes. So I stared right back. I could've melted in your honey brown, but you'd close your eyelids before I'd get the chance to leak into them. I watched your lips as they stretched into a smile. Your mouth opened and music poured out like silk...or was it good morning? I can't remember. All I could think about were your eyes. Oh how I could've just drowned in them. How I could've just slipped away into the deep glamor of it all and not be afraid. I miss that. I miss it so much.
Once you came back, I looked into those eyes, searching for a reason to stay, but all I saw in the chocolaty mess, was a stranger. Once you came back, you were a different person. An impostor. And the love you out-poured with a fiery passion from the depth of your heart was not for me. For I saw the lies between you, and yet another stranger, whose eyes seemed to be those of a friend. But now you are both strangers. I know neither the heart nor the soul of either of you. For you did not know the passionate heart and soul of me.

And it was you.


The author's comments:
sorry if it's not good:P I'm just messing with some words[;