famous last words | Teen Ink

famous last words

By kidwolf SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
kidwolf SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

life isnt about how many hits you can take, but how many hits you can take, and continue going

She sits across from me; her eyes are hazel, and the prettiest I’ve seen on any girl. She looks up at me and smiles. She gestures for me to sit next to her; I walk over to her, pull up a chair and sit next to her. I watch her quietly as she writes stories of heartbreak and hope; this is the first time I’ve made contact with her. She stops writing and looks up to me and says “you know, you don’t have to be shy, I don’t bite” I give a little smirk and when I look up her eyes meet mine. At that very moment time stopped, everything is in slow motion, I see no one but her. My heart jumps in my mouth; I can’t find the right words to say to her. I find the courage to say “umm hi” I laugh lightly, she says “see that wasn’t so hard now was it”. I say “no” she starts to write again she stops stares at me and says “my name is Sky and what’s yours?” I get lost in her eyes, then I snap out of it and say “umm my name right my name is Austin haha”. “Well then Austin it’s nice to meet you now do you know why I called you over to sit next to me?” before I could answer she cut me off and said “I just noticed how alone and quiet you are and, to be quite honest with you I think you’re kinda cute”. Right when she said that a little flame sparked inside my heart. At first I was thinking “me cute ha yeah right” but then when we locked eyes again, I felt a rush of energy flowing through my body, I had never felt like this before, before I knew it I was leaning in to kiss her and right before our lips could touch the bell rang. I jumped out of the chair grabbed my stuff and jetted to my next class. Throughout the whole time in math I was thinking about sky about her hazel eyes, jet black hair, her porcelain skin, she was just beautiful, but how could someone so beautiful like someone like me? I mean I had black hair, brown eyes, I never saw myself as cute or handsome or even good looking. The bell rang, time for lunch. I got my tray and headed to the table where my best friend Matt and his girlfriend Nina were. I sat down and they both looked at me and smiled matt said “so who is she?” I responded “who and what are you talking about?” he laughs “I’m talking about you and Sky I saw you during English, you two almost kissed, didn’t think I was watching did you”. My faced turned red. “There’s nothing to say she just thinks I’m cute”. “Dude take a chance with her”. “Yeah take a chance, besides you two look cute together.” Nina threw her two sense in. I ignored them by putting on my headphones and turned on my mp3 and started listening to my chemical romances famous last words. Out of no where she pulls up a seat next to me “hi” she says I turn my back to her ,she says “ umm you ok?” I got up as quick as I could and walked away.

Days passed and I would see her in class or in the hallway she looked confused at why I have I been ignoring her. Then one day I went to my locker opened it and a note came out, I picked it up it read “to Austin from sky” I opened it up and began reading “Austin…. Why have you been ignoring me? Did I do something wrong or is it that you just don’t want to be my friend because if you don’t then just say so and I’ll leave you alone just tell me something, anything.” I looked on the back it was a lyric to famous last words “now I know that I can’t make you stay but where’s your heart?” I folded the note back up and put inside the pocket of my pants. The whole day I thought about the note, her and the reason why I was pushing her away, I guess I was scared of being hurt. Bell rang school let out I saw her waiting for her ride, I slowly came up to her and put my arms around her waist and held her “im sorry I have been ignoring you lately ive just had a lot on my mind, a lot of things I needed to think about.” Our eyes locked as soon as they met I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers. Her taste was luscious, rich, and tasty. She caught a breath “wow, that’s a first ive never been breathless when a guy has kissed me.” I smiled “well then that makes this kiss special doesn’t it?” she smiled “yea I guess it does.”

this story was inspired by a memory of mine. its when i met my friend andrea its not how we actually met though some parts are true