A Crooked Kind of Fairytale

His name is Jake. He and I have been together for exactly two and a half months. The love we share for each other is relentless and perfect.

The night of the Fairytale Dance, Jake approached me, shyly, asking if I would like to dance. I did. After we danced to that song, we exchanged phone numbers and talked to each other. The very next day he called me back and asked me on a date. I said yes, of course.

The relationship Jake and I have is unrealistic at times. We rarely ever argue. It's like I'm in a fairytale, and because I'm with Jake, I love it.

At 3:00 P.M., I was standing outside in front of our high school, waiting for Jake. He was late, which was unlike him. Usually we met right after classes ended. When I spotted Jake, he wasn't alone. He was with Kate, and they were talking and laughing. She leaned in to kiss Jake, and I started running. Jake must have spotted me because I heard him screaming, "Elena, wait!" But I didn't. I didn't need an explanation. Instead, I ran to the park, swinging on the swings alone.

I looked at my watch. It said 5:45 P.M., which, I decided, couldn't be right. I looked around, and sure enough, it was dark, the sun beginning to set. When I looked at the swing next to me, I had to do a double-take. I thought I had seen Jake, and, I quickly realized, I had.

"You didn't give me a chance to explain," Jake began, kicking the woodchips.
"What were you going to say?" I asked. "I had all ready seen enough. I got the message. Trust me."
"It wasn't what you think it was," Jake sighed. "Kate and I were just talking and then... well, then she tried to kiss me. It was completely out of line and surprised me."
"Really?" I asked, surprised. "You mean you aren't going out with Kate?"
"Nope," Jake said, "and why would I? I have one the most amazing girls I have ever met right here." He rested his hand on my leg. "So what do you say we forget this ever happened?"
I smiled. "It sounds good."

I realized later that maybe the relationship Jake and I shared wasn't a complete fairytale. There were flaws, but somehow, that made it all the more realistic and perfect. So maybe our relationship wasn't a fairytale entirely, I decided, but instead it was a crooked kind of fairytale, and I loved it just the way it was.

renthead101 said...
It was good, but the ending was a little rushed...

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
woww i luv it. think the last part is my favorite cuz its so true & meaningful. awesome job ;)

xLoVeLyCuTiEe428x replied...
Thanks.. I liked writing this piece for some reason...I wanted there to be a moral to the story. Glad you saw ittt. <3