Shattered Dreams And Broken Hearts | Teen Ink

Shattered Dreams And Broken Hearts

March 1, 2010
By SarynJumail PLATINUM, Bloomington, Illinois
SarynJumail PLATINUM, Bloomington, Illinois
27 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Losing is not coming second. It's getting out of the water knowing you could have done better.


Alright.... I'm not sure what I want to write here but I know I gotta write something... I'm not going to edit this, I'm just going to let the words flow...
This past month or so has been awesome. I didn't know that I could like you like this, and I didn't know what I was getting myself into at the beginning.
I wouldn't trade it for the world though. These things that have happened to me in this last month or so - I've changed. Things I once too for granted I value now; relationships with friends have stregnthened and grown. Sometimes things just happen like this - and I need to learn to accept them and go on with my life, without looking back.

I'm a stronger person now, I know I am. I have to tell myself that; I have to make myself believe it. Because today, and all the preceding days spent with you - it's like a blur of emotions. I can't remember what exactly happened, but I can remember the feelings.

The feelings...

They're clear as day, though what happened isn't. I know exactly how I felt when I kissed you that first time - I was nervous, scared, but you told me not to go home without regrets. So I didn't. You taught me that. Not to be afraid of rejection. And it makes sense, what's the worst that could happen? Rejection isn't something I'm afraid of anymore.

I will always remember your carefree nature. How you used to run away. But you always came back. You always came back...

Will you come back now?

Maybe. Maybe you will. But maybe not. Only time will tell. And if you do come back... what will happen? That's your call. Only time will tell. Only you will know.

There are so many things I'm unsure of in life, but there's one thing I know for sure. I remember the feelings. I can feel them all, over and over again, as if those events happened just yesterday. Just yesterday... but no. I can't think about these things anymore. I have to concentrate on life - on life without you. And it's not that bad.

We'll be alright. Or, more so, I'll be alright.

Something's are just meant to happen. And some aren't. Nobody will ever know for sure. Only time will tell.