That's her... Part 1

It was the beginning of my freshman year, and I was just about as nervous as any other guy there. I closed the car door to my mom’s black suburban, and drew in a deep breath. I walked onto the sidewalk rimming the front of the high school I had been waiting to attend since I was seven.
I saw my two closest friends, Zack and Topher. (Topher is short for Christopher, but he didn’t want to be called Chris because there were 4 other guys in our grade with the same name.) “Hey guys.” I said coolly, trying not to let my nervousness seep through. They turned their heads and greeted me back. I let out a deep sigh. “High school. Hmm…it’s really weird that we are here already!” Zack laughed and replied, “Yeah but look at all the gorgeous girls!” Topher followed with a vigorous head nod and a laugh. Looking around, I realized they were right. There were tons of beautiful girls surrounding us. The bell rang. We all started to move into the building.
This high school was huge. There were so many other kids, all scattered about frantically trying to find their class rooms on time, and catching up with old friends. I looked down at my class schedule that was tightly gripped in my hand, and saw that my first period was Algebra, a subject I was not fond of at all. ROOM 3012. I had no idea what I was doing, much less where to go, so I spotted a teacher and asked for directions.
I finally got to my class room, and surprisingly I wasn’t late. The class room was big, filled with other kids with nervous expressions slapped on their faces. I sat on the second row of desks next to one of my friends Jaden, who I’ve known since second grade. “Hey man, how’s it going?” He said. “Crazy...” I replied, laughing. “Yeah yeah, I know what you mean, dude. I’m mad summer is over...” He said. A man who was obviously the teacher walked up to the front of the class room. “Settle down please...Hello, students. I’m Mr. Dudding, your Algebra teacher. Welcome to high school. Are you all nervous?” He said jokingly. The classroom nervously laughed. “Ahhh…I see! Well since the bell has already ringed, I’m going to go ahead and start class!” The sound of a door handle rattled, and the door slowly opened, making the entire student’s attention draw to the distraction.
And that’s when she walked in.

dreamer_believer said...
omigosh this is awesome!!! LOVE it :) i think it's amazing how you built everything up to that last line. brilliant! can't wait for the rest :)

nutmeg212 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I want to know what happens!!!! keep on writing!

choirchic101 said...
ummmm hello wrote more please. i want to know what happens. great way of just leaving it open for imaginations to try and figure out the rest of the story. check out some of my stuff. i have poems stories and opinoins. let me kow what you think. i'm open to all criticism good or bad. WRITE MORE PLEASE

Drama_Queen13 said...
Wow! I will DEFINAITLY be looking for more, in fact I might hunt you down looking for more. Lolz, I'm kidding. Could you read my story? Its called, Our Summer in the fiction section under Romance. Or you can just click on my screenname to find it. KEEP WRITING

serenaツ(♂☺♥♫)! said...
omg WIRTE MORE I WANNA NOW MORE!!! =DDD

SilverLuna said...
Gah! Great cliff-hanger, hurry up so i don't take a nose-dive down that said cliff! lol (;

too-many-devens said...
i wanna know who she isssss!!!!! write more please. ima cry if you dont. lol

manderz said...
this is a good start. its nice to read a romance from a guy. my only suggestions r
1: like 3 sentences in a row at the beginning start with the word "I"
2: keep writing!
:)

CarsonGooch said...
Holy shit ! Keep writing man!! It's always great to read a romance by a guy, that way chicks get the REAL advise... hahhaa. Keep it up!! Can't wait to read more!

Rosalie said...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 6:40 am
great start!
i'm looking forward to your next work!

Jakeyboy123 replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 1:31 am
Part 2 will be posted March 11th! :D
(today)

LittleInside said...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 3:34 am
I really like how you wrote the beginning. You have good description and you have a clear view on personalities.
I would like to see:
*Some more personalities and conflicts with the friends that may prove problematic in the future.
*The next chapter darn it! D:<
Overall very good though. ^_^

ClockworkLightbulb said...
Good suspense(: Good so far(:

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
i like it, but i think if you added more deatail, it would it would be even better

iLuvRaWr said...
this is a good piece... keep on doing this

ShatteredGlass replied...
WRITE MORE!!! =)