Foreign Love: Chapter 2 | Teen Ink

Foreign Love: Chapter 2

By JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

I woke up to the song “Pocket Full of Sunshine” by Natasha Bedingfield for my alarm clock. I woke up to find my book on the floor and my clothes still on and the radio was still playing. My body felt really stiff. But I had to get ready for school.

I walked to my bathroom and looked at my self in the mirror. I looked horrible. My hair had tons of knots in it, my make-up was all smudged, the corner of my lip had dried up drool (eew!), and my clothes were all wrinkled.

I opened up the black and white shower curtain. Then I slipped off my off my jeans and t-shirt followed along by my Fruit of the Loom undies. I stepped into the shower and felt the heat from the water. I washed my hair Garnier and my body with Caress. Once I was done I wrapped my self in my white towel and walked into my room to find my little brother sitting on my bed with his little toy truck.

I honestly loved my brother but he could get so annoying sometimes like now when he’s staring at me when I only have a towel on! “Dylan, what are you doing here?” I asked while raising one of my eyebrows. He just raised his shoulders and let them fall back down. I narrowed my gaze even harder to where he couldn’t take it anymore and ran off.

I walked to my closet and picked out my “Cobra Starship” shirt and black ripped skiny’s. I picked out my black socks with different color lightning bolts on it from my drawer. I went back into the bathroom and put on my clothes followed by of course deodorant and lotion. Then I squirted some Britney Spears Circus perfume on. I went back outside and slipped on my purple high-top converse. Once I slipped those on I walked to where my other mirror was and began putting make-up on. First I put on a line of eye-liner followed by my mascara and red lip-gloss.

I flattened my hair and slipped on my checkered bow on. I took one last look in the mirror and I thought I looked pretty good. I ran my fingers real quick through my black hair and went downstairs to eat some cereal. I poured my self a bowl of Fruit Loops and watched the news. Before leaving I brushed my teeth and got my checkered backpack that had all sorts of pins on it.

I still had extra time so my mom asked me to check the mail. As I went outside the new kid was checking the mail too. He almost didn’t see me until he heard the squeak coming from our mail box. Darn mail box! I yelled in my head. Reluctantly I looked up to see him looking at me. Like in my weird dream I smiled my fake smile and waved. Again he believed it and smiled and waved back. He then turned back around and into his house. I hope he doesn’t come to my school! I thought to my self.

I walked back into the house and handed my mom the mail while she drank her coffee. I sat on the couch and humphed while crossing my arms. I watched the news meteorologist report the weather for the day. I couldn’t stop replaying the scene in my dream with the new kid. It just kept replaying over and over again. My mom broke my trance by saying “Honey, let’s go.”

I stood up quickly and ran out the door and waited in front of the passenger seat door to my mom’s Honda Pilot. When she came out the door and locked it she gave me her what’s-going-on look. As she pressed the button to open the car I jumped into the car and put my backpack on the car floor. As she drove me to school I listened to Kris Allen: Live Like We’re Dying, Lady Gaga: Bad Romance and The Black Eyed Peas: Imma Be.

Finally my mom slowed down in front of the school. I pecked her on the cheek, said good-bye and climbed out the door. I put my backpack on and walked towards one of the benches where my friends’ were sitting.

“Hey guys! What’s up?” They didn’t even hear because they were drooling over the guys from The Maine. I turned around and saw the bus pulling in. I watched all the kids walk out of the bus and luckily no new kid. But of course I was relieved way too early. Once the bus left I saw a black Audi with the new kid coming out of it. I grunted and turned back around to my friends, not wanting to look at him.

Then the bell rang to go inside and just when I started walking he was right next to me. He smelled the same as in my dream. Spearmint and his Dolce and Gabbana cologne. Man he smelled really good. He even looked real good. Through his shirt you could see the out-line of his six-pack. His hair was perfect too as well as his smile. He was like a model or something.

He looked over at me and smiled and I couldn’t help myself but smile back. I continued walking down the hall to my homeroom class while he stopped at the office. I sat in my seat in the back corner and took out all my stuff to get ready for class. Then the new kid came into my class. He gave the teacher some sort of paper and sat next to me because the teacher said that that was the only seat left.

As he sat down a breeze of what he smelled like hit me and I enjoyed every bit of it. He just smelled so good that I couldn’t help take another whiff as he looked through his backpack. He randomly started laughing and I’m guessing it’s because he noticed me smelling him, how embarrassing! He then turned and looked at me with a smile.

I just looked at him with a straight face. “Hello” he said with a British accent. Oh my gosh he has the same accent as in my dream. “H-H-Hey” I finally managed to say. He laughed just a little bit and then said “So I’m guessing you know that I’m moving in across the street.” I just nodded yes because I couldn’t speak after smelling him again. “Maybe we can hang out some time since right now you’re the only person that has talked to me.” “Well barely! Before saying what I’m saying now I said H-H-Hey and then I just nodded.” “Ha! You see I made you talk more!” he said. I just laughed.

Then class started. Mr. Hawkins took the note that the new kid handed him and said “Rachel, you’ll be escorting James to his classes because you have the same classes as him.” My mouth dropped open in shock. What the heck is going on? I thought to myself. First the dream now this! I thought to myself again.

on Mar. 14 2010 at 5:02 pm
contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California

to love and to be loved is lifes greatest joy

=) yupppp!

on Mar. 13 2010 at 4:42 pm

William Shakespeare

awesome!!! =)

on Mar. 7 2010 at 5:22 pm

i told u that i would love it!(=