A SAD CURSE AND A HAPPY BLESSING

I ASKED FOR YOU ON THIS VERY SAD DAY. I PICTURED YOU HERE SITTING NEXT TO ME ON MY BED WIPING AWAY THE TEARS WITH YOUR LARGE HANDS. YOU’D PULL ME INTO YOUR ARMS, AND I LAY MY HEAD AGAINST YOUR BROAD CHEST. I’D WRAP MY ARMS AROUND YOUR WAIST. OUR FIRST FOR THE SORROW WAS PLANTED ON MY FOREHEAD AND SLOWLY WENT DOWN TO MY LIPS. YOUR GENTLE KISSES DID NOT GROW AGGRESSIVE BUT WARM AND SOFT. I THINK OF THAT SUMMER NIGHT WHEN YOU ASKED ME TO GIVE YOU MY INNOCENCE AND THE SAME WOULD BE FOR ME AS I TOOK YOURS. WE TRIED YET SOMEHOW I COULDN’T CONTINUE THE EXPLORATION AND WEPT BECAUSE I COULDN’T GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANTED. YOU WERE JUST IN YOUR JEANS AND HELD ME THE WHOLE NIGHT SAYING IT WASN’T MY FAULT. I REACH TO KISS YOU NOW BUT ITS JUST AIR THIS VERY SAD DAY. I GET UP,SLIP INTO MY BLACK DRESS, AND LOOK AT MYSELF IN THE MIRROR AND SEE A REFLECTION OF THAT TIME WE TRIED AGAIN TO TAKE EACH OTHER’S INNOCENCE THIS PAST WINTER AT THE CABIN. THIS TIME WE EXPLORED ALL THE WAY AND NEVER LOOKED BACK. I LIFT UP MY BLACK DRESS AND NOTICE THE BUMP IN MY STOMACH AND WANT TO SMILE BUT I WEEP. YOU SAID WE’D RAISE IT TOGETHER, AND WE’D BE TOGETHER FOREVER. I THINK BACK TO THAT NIGHT MY EYES FILLED WITH RAGE OF THE DRUNK DRIVER WHO TOOK YOU FROM ME. BUT I REMEMBER THAT THIS FUTURE HUMAN BEING IS ALL I NEED TO REMIND ME OF YOU.

alwayswriting14 said...
Feb. 28, 2010 at 7:58 am
Awww, this was so sad but amazing writing. You conveyed the story to the reader very simply yet sweetly. I loved it.

rachelnicole said...
this is actually really good and sad.
i like were your coming from with this story

SilverLuna said...
I thought this was pretty good. Caps lock though? Is that supposed to contribute to the story? In my oppinion it distracted me from the base of it. Good job though, and keep writing.

babygirl1997 said...
this was very good but it ws also very sad i almost strated to cry but then it had me think of that one special person in my life it was really good