Foreign Love: Chapter 5 | Teen Ink

Foreign Love: Chapter 5

February 15, 2010
By JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts
54 articles 0 photos 146 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare


I was shocked. First I was going to the movies with James. Second I danced with James. And third he kissed me on the cheek. So many things were flashing through my head. I had feeling something was going to happen…but I just didn’t know what! Like this morning the scene of my dream with James replayed in my head over and over as James kissed my cheek. I wasn’t going to let myself fall for him, not even a little bit-I hope.

I walked over to my radio and turned up the volume-I needed to clear my head of James. I took my book from the floor and lay on my bed. Instead I changed my mind I didn’t feel like reading about vampires. I guess the music didn’t work because I was still thinking about James. Like how he was born in the same place as me! Now that was just freaky. He was gorgeous but yet he was dorky like me. He just seemed different but that doesn’t mean I will fall for him. I won’t let myself fall for him. Uh-uh no way!

I decided to go downstairs and talk with my mom. Her short red hair was in a bun as she was coking dinner. Usually on Fridays she cooks turkey burgers but today she wanted to try one of her “experiments”. By experiments I mean that she likes to try new things with food…I mean sometimes they come out good but other times it’s just too much of something. “So mom what new experiment are you trying today?” I asked while using air quotes around experiments.

“Well this one seems pretty good to me. I’m making salsa burgers!” she said while doing a little salsa dance. I snorted. I loved my mom she was just too funny and she’s where I got my dorkiness. “I love you mom!” I said while hugging her by the waist even thought I was practically hugging her back. “Oh sunshine I love you too. You’ll always be my little girl, no matter what. Even if you grow up!” she said while turning around, hugging me back and kissing me on the forehead.

I pulled away and rested my back against the counter and crossed my arms. “So you know that new kid James, right?” I asked. “Well I don’t know him but he’s the one that came over to study right?” “Ha, ha, ha mom of course you don’t know him! You know what I mean! Well anyways yeah he’s the one.” “Apparently I don’t know! Ha, ha, ha well what about him?” she asked. “Well I’m not going to lie but he’s hot. But while we were upstairs he acted as dorky as you and me. It just doesn’t seem normal for a guy like him. Well anyway I was asking him ‘what his background is?’ and stuff and he said he was born in Colorado Springs just like me! I thought that was super weird. And just before he left he kissed me on the cheek. But I promised myself I wouldn’t fall for him because I don’t want what happened last time!” I said very quickly without taking a breath in between.

“Wow that’s…wow! Well sweetie you two can still be friends! Yeah it might seem weird that he’s from Colorado Springs too and that he’s ‘dorky’ like us but everyone’s different. And besides I’d rather have a dorky friend than a boring normal one, especially if you can relate to him in some way!” she said encouragingly. “You know what mom you’re right…I hate to admit it but like always you’re right!” I said while walking to the couch and turning on the TV.

I flipped through the channels and spotted that they were showing “The Goonies”. “Hey ma’ do you remember this movie? Oh my gosh it’s been so long since I’ve seen it! I absolutely love this movie!” I squealed. “Really? They’re showing it? I love it too! This movie is awesome!” “Booby traps, booby traps, booby traps!” I and my mom said at the same time. Wow we are so weird.

After about forty five minutes the burgers were ready and they smelled pretty good too. I set up the drinks for the two of us and the silverware ready to eat because I was so hungry. I took my first bite and felt a rush of flavor rush through my mouth. I could taste the sharpness of the cheddar cheese, the juicy meaty flavor of the burger meat and the spiciness from the salsa.

I kept humming at how good it was. One of the best home-made burgers I had ever had. “Wow, mom this is actually really good!” I said while taking another bite. “Thanks hon.’!” she said. “Welcome” I said while ketchup falling down my chin. I quickly picked up a napkin and wiped my chin.

I decided to turn in early and head upstairs to go to sleep. I slipped off my clothes took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and put on my pj’s. I was about to close my window when I saw James in his room looking inside some sort of volt that was behind one of his pictures. He was about to turn around so I threw my self to the ground with a loud thump. When I lifted my head back up his curtains covered the window and his lights were off. I slipped under my covers and tried to fall asleep but I couldn’t because now I had more stuff to think about that related to James.