The Inevitable | Teen Ink

The Inevitable

By MusicInMyHeart<3 PLATINUM, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
MusicInMyHeart<3 PLATINUM, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

Time will not dim the glory of their deeds...

A heart afraid to love will never learn to dance...

"My mistake, I didn't know to be in love you had to fight to have the upper hand..."

She walked down the street under the lights glowing above her and the empty space around her. She was wrapped up in her own thoughts of so many things, she barely noticed the footsteps she was following. Step after step her head swarmed with the thoughts of everything that had happened. Everything she had said that she knew she shouldn’t have and all the things she knew she should’ve. She felt guilty for not telling him how much he meant to her and as she rounded the corner and the footsteps kept going, she fell out of her daze and realized that she was following them. She looked up and watched them travel down the street. She smiled, mostly inside, and her pace picked up. She ran through the snow and it flew up behind her as she skidded to a stop by her door where the footsteps stopped. In their place, shoes. His shoes. And there he sat. A single purple orchid, her favorite flower. Where he found one at this time of night in the winter... she didn’t know but she couldn’t help but smile because all of this... was inevitable. It always had been.

Snow makes people fall in love...