I Know You Loved Me | Teen Ink

I Know You Loved Me

February 8, 2010
By buttercup14 SILVER, Fonda, New York
buttercup14 SILVER, Fonda, New York
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

I Know You Loved Me

I thought you were the one. When I walked into homeroom on that first day of school. There were assigned seats and lucky me got to sit next to you. You had a snazzy looking outfit in, blue jeans and the classic T-shirt. Of course i had all I could do to not smile , but it didn't work. I smiled at you with my big brown eyes. I was wearing my hair in a ponytail that day. I had on my brand new white princessy looking shirt with pink flowers on and brown cowboy looking pants on. I didn't have a good sense of fashion most of the time, but you never seemed to notice. That was something I liked about you and the fact that you didn't care what other people thought of me. You were just happy that I appeared in the same homeroom and into your life.

I could tell by the way you looked at me that you loved me but after a while you started blaming me for things just messing around and a couple times you almost got me in trouble with our teacher. I told you to stop and you didn't. After a while, I wanted out so I broke up with you. Your best friend called me about five minuted later and told me you had called him crying. I didn't mean to make you cry but I couldn't take it anymore Ever since then we have tried and tried to be friends but I felt to confined and I couldn't take it. I've thought about you many many times after that day. I remember your birthday party when you turned 13 years old. I honestly think you told me a time to come that was a little earlier then every one else so we could be alone for a while. You took me to your room and i sat on your bed. I wanted to kiss you but I was to afraid. You put your arm around me and stared at me. I could tell from the look in your eyes that you truley loved me. When your friends got there you played a trick on your brother and then hid in the closet. You wanted me to hide to but I didn't. I realized that we had some of the same videos. You started to cry when the guys were making fun of you and your brother carried you out into the living room. I wanted to kiss you then to but your friends were there. They started hitting me with plastic swords and you stuck up for me. I knew you loved me. I want to get to know you again and see where this takes us in the future. I'm sorry I haven't talked to you for almost three years but just so you know I will always love you even if I'm dating someone else. Every time you see me now you look at me with hatred and it makes me remember that I broke your heart and I feel bad. I never stop thinking about you and what you would tell me on the phone. You would tell me that you loved me, that I had beautiful eyes, and that I was just beautiful to you no matter what. Tell me that you don't think about me anymore. Tell me that you don't care. But I know deep in my heart that you do. I know you loved me.