Love At First Sight | Teen Ink

Love At First Sight

January 28, 2010
By bittbitt12 BRONZE, Sprakers, New York
bittbitt12 BRONZE, Sprakers, New York
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
1)"You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love."
— Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook)
2)
"It's possible to go on, no matter how impossible it seems, and that in time, the grief . . . lessens. It may not go away completely, but after a while it's not so overwhelming."
— Nicholas Sparks (Dear John)


I was in class when the new kid walked in. He looked at me, smiled, and then looked away. He probably thought I was a freak because I couldn’t part me eyes from him. Finally, I fixed my eyes on my work.

Later that day was lunch. While I was in the lunch line I asked my best friend, Kyle, what the new kids name was. I found out that his name was Sabastion and Kyle told me Sabastion inquired about me as well. We walked to the table and started talking about random subjects. I tried not to sound eager when I saw Sabastion coming out of the lunch line and then Sabastion came and sat down right next to me at my table. I was wondering why he was there. I mean I never said a word to him since he came to the school. I wanted to talk to him but, the words just wouldn’t come out of my mouth. What if he didn’t like me or thinks I’m weird? I kept thinking to myself. Anyways Sabastion was talking to Kyle the whole time so I couldn’t even get a word in.

It was the end of the day and I said nothing to Sabastion and he said nothing to me. Every now and then I caught him looking at me. Probably thinking something like why is Kyle best friends with her or she’s such a loser.

About ten days passed and Sabastion said nothing to me. Maybe he was waiting for me to talk to him. I was beginning to get worried. I liked him so much. It was love at first sight for me but, I could never get the nerve to talk to him.

*****************


“Why can’t I talk to her? All I do is just stare at her. So, why can’t I talk to her?” I asked Kyle.
“Who Maria?” Kyle asked me.
I nodded. Later that night was the carnival and I was going in a group. Some people in the group were Maria, Kyle, Kyle’s girlfriend, myself, and two other people.
We were walking through the carnival and we came across a Tunnel of Love ride. The girls wanted to go with their boyfriends. So everyone was on the ride except me and Maria. This was my chance I could ask her to go on the ride with me. But, what would I say. My mind went blank. At the same time we asked each other to go on the ride and then at the same time we said, “YES.”
We got to the boat and my heart started racing she was combing her long brown hair and I was running my fingers through mine. I was nervous but, exited. I was finally alone with the girl of my dreams. I don’t know what came over me I had never felt the way I felt right now. I couldn’t think straight. Then I told her how I felt. How I wanted to be with her the rest of my life and when I saw her it was love at first sight for me.

*********************
When Sabastion told me how he felt I thought I was going to pass out or have a heart attack. So I told him the same thing. It just got easier from their. We talked the whole ride. Not even paying attention to the romance decoration and music. It was just me and him nothing else mattered.
When me and Sabastion got off the ride we were holding hands. Kyle saw us and got wide-eyed. I could tell what he was thinking. Then Kyle practically shouted,” What happened on that ride?”
Before either of us could answer the question Kyle’s girlfriend pulled his arm. So we went on a lot more rides and it was 9:00 p.m. and the carnival was about to close. Sabastion walked me home. He told me three words,” I Love You!” Then he kissed me goodnight.
Right before he walked down my front steps I said,” I love you too.”