I Dare You | Teen Ink

I Dare You

By Rosalie PLATINUM, Maryville, Tennessee
Rosalie PLATINUM, Maryville, Tennessee

-you have many to learn but nothing to lose.
-the hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else...
-good girls are bad girls that dont get caught.

I was on my way home, walking past the school parking lot, when an unfamiliar motorcycle skidded to a stop right next to me.
Are you trying to kill me?! I thought. I was furious!!
I heard a few girls giggling in their best voices. I wondered who the fuss was about. I knew there was a guy, somewhere near me. Girls never giggle in their best voices for anybody, unless there is a guy. A good guy.

I turned around to see a familiar dead-hot guy hop off the bike that almost killed me.
He smiled, “Hey, how are ya?”
He was tall, well structured, with brown hair, muscular. He was THE hottie. People were staring at me, wide eyed. I was loving every stare. You were the best guy any girl would ever want.

You hugged me with an amazing force. I dropped my bag, and my books fell out, but I didn’t care.I heard a girl say, “They could be friends. Let’s relax.”
No, I wanted to say.

A split second later, you opened your mouth and said, “I dare you to take my necklace and put it on yourself.”
That isn’t hard, I thought.
I did exactly what I was told. His neck was warm and cozy. It took all I had to pull away. It felt a bit heavy on me, but I was thrilled to have a piece of him.

“I dare you to tell me I’m beautiful.” He said, with his heart throbbing smile.
I closed my eyes, to make sure I wouldn’t faint, and whispered, “You’re the most beautiful person in the world.”
He smiled, looking satisfied. Then he opened his mouth to say something, but I cut in.
“I get to dare you to, right?” My guts were jumping. “I dare you take one step back, and two forward.”
He took a tiny step back, and two gigantic steps forward. My face was about 3 inches from his neck and face. If I had worn my high heels, I would have been a bit taller. Darn.
But still, my heart was beating at an incredible speed.
Just then, I noticed that my friends were waiting on me. I felt so sorry and embarrassed. “You guys go ahead! I’ll need more time here!” My friends waved and left, smiling.
He was breathing on my forehead.
Our eyes met. I was truly going to pass out.
“Got anymore dares?” He asked with a twinkle in his eyes.
“Just one more…kiss me” I said, in a small voice.

He found my lips easily, and we were locked together.
He was an eager kisser, I was almost suffocating. He noticed, and let go of me. He still had me in his arms, making sure I wouldn’t fall to the ground.
“Are you okay?” I nodded yes, and he continued, “You’re the most beautiful person in the world.”
“Thank you” I said in a soft voice.

He cradled my face and said, “I guess I’m responsible for taking you home, since your friends ditched you, and you’re about to faint.”
“I ditched them-and I’m totally not fainting.” I said, protesting. He put his finger on my lips, telling me to shush.

“I just have one more dare.” He said, making my head spin.
He walked over to his bike, and handed me a riding helmet. “I dare you to get on.”

I ran over, hugged him from behind, and we rode away.

“I dare you..” He started again. I groaned, and kissed his neck…and everywhere I could reach without falling off.

I dare you..

This is short, but I like it.

on Feb. 7 2010 at 3:33 am
Rosalie PLATINUM, Maryville, Tennessee

thanks for the comment!

okay!

its_me GOLD said...
on Feb. 6 2010 at 10:00 pm
its_me GOLD, San Mateo, California
love this story! would you mind giving me feedback on some of my stories? i'd really appreciate it!

on Jan. 31 2010 at 5:41 am
Rosalie PLATINUM, Maryville, Tennessee

okay! thanks!!

sure! I'm gonna read ur stuff now!

on Jan. 30 2010 at 6:45 pm
justsmile164 BRONZE, New York, New York

"Talent is nothing without character."

i like your writing style! cool story :) just a tip: when you're writing something with a bunch of dots at the end of a sentence (...), use three instead of two. but really great job! can you read some of my stuff and tell me what you think?