Where the heart lies

He looked up into the bright hazel eyes that always seemed to greet him with a sort of cheer. Why is the day always begun with a Hello and ended with a goodbye he turned and looked at the clock counting the time he still had left till they were forced to leave and go their separate ways. The day had mostly passed in blissful cheer as time seemed to fly by and now they only had minutes together. She turned toward him and he admired her light brown complexion and her black braids that barely went past her shoulders. She leaned up and whispered silently in his "I love" and was gone with a quick goodbye and a peck on the cheek before he ever utters a single word. Now as the summer wears on he wonders if he could have grabbed her hand and stopped her if only just to whisper the words back. The days have gone and now summer is coming to a close and counts the days until she would finally return and he wonders will she still be the same will she still live. A brief knock on the door and he gets up to answer it he opens the door to find she has made an early return and finds the answer is yes "I’ll always return because my heart lies wherever you are"

kiyah said...
Jan. 8 at 9:11 pm
This is beautiful, I wrote a story almost like a lullaby. It would be fun to work with you.