Young Love | Teen Ink

Young Love

January 26, 2010
By KimmieLoo15 BRONZE, Scottsville, New York
KimmieLoo15 BRONZE, Scottsville, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The last class of the school day always drags on, no matter what subject your learning. Note after note was written on the whiteboard. Scribble after scribble was made from each pen and pencil quickly copying each word down. Sigh after sigh came from the bored students mouths as the teacher rambled on in nonsense, oblivious to the entire world around her.
I glanced at the clock and watched each and every second crawl by, bringing me ever so closer to that long awaited moment. Scribble, scribble, as more words were instantly etched into the thin papers.
My mind wandered aimlessly, unable to focus on the oh-so-interesting lesson at hand, while my eyes traced the letters on the mysterious message in front of them.

Grace,

There has been something on my mind for quite sometime now. I don’t know how much longer I can wait. You need to know. Meet me in the lobby at 2:20 today after school. I hope you understand.



No hint to who wrote it, or what it meant, or what will happen from then on. I have few thoughts on this letter but as I hate jumping to conclusions, I won’t. This is my last thought on the topic. I won’t jinx it. It could turn out good.
I suddenly burst from my daydreams and arrived back in reality. Blinking to banish the dream from my head. Quickly, I tucked the note away safely into my jean pocket and joined my classmates once more.
No more than a few minutes later, the bell rang loud and clear. This caused everyone to jump off their seats and fly down the hallway. A smile appeared on my face as I hurriedly gathered my things and made my way to my destination with but a moment to spare.
“Grace?” asked the most beautiful voice in the entire world. I had never heard anything else like it in my sixteen years. Well, come to think of it, I have. But only once.
At that moment, I knew. I knew everything and with the smile still glued to my face, I spun on my heels to find myself face to face with him, only inches away. I staggered, shocked, almost, by the proximity. The look in his eyes warmed my heart, making me melt within. The light from them, brightening my whole world. Well aware of the fact that I probably looked like a complete idiot with that giant smile pasted across my face, I couldn’t stop. And I didn’t care anymore.
“Hi,” was all I could manage.
He chuckled, most likely at my stupidity, causing me to laugh, as if it was contagious. The sound of his laughter making my heart race.
“Grace.” Man I loved the way he said my name. “I don’t really know how else to say this so I will just get straight to the point. I love you, Grace. I’ve loved you since the moment I saw you. When I’m having a bad day, your smile always makes things better. Your voice is the most significant sound in my world. When I’m in pain, the look you get in your eyes when you understand heals everything. You get me. You see through me and you…get me. It hurts to be apart from you. I love you with all my heart and I always will for as long as I live.”
“I love you too. More than you will ever know. My life is nothing without you in it. You mean everything to me.”
For the longest time, we sat there, hand in hand, staring into each other’s eyes, neither one of us wanting to break away, never wanting lose this moment.


The author's comments:
Here is a chessy little love story for those of you who are in love.