forbidden love | Teen Ink

forbidden love

As a gust of wind struck the orange leaves, they fluttered to the ground and the musky rotten scent of wet leaves blew into the air. Just as Jason reached the door of his boyfriend Brad’s house, Brad busted through the door and slapped a big wet one right on Jason’s lips.

Brad Mabel and Jason Yeomen have been together since seventh grade, now being juniors in high school; they have been together for about four and a half years.
“Hey boy toy” said Jason after their lips separated.
“Hey” replied Brad as a wide grin crossed his face.
“You ready?”
“Yep, yep, yep.”

Jason and Brad have kept their homosexuality from their parents, and today was the day that they were going to let that secret out.

On the car ride to the restaurant ( that in which they were supposed to arrive an hour ago), Brad was nibbling on his freshly manicured fingernails, and shaking as if it were twenty below zero in the car although the heater was on high.

As they pulled into the parking lot of the Double Happy Chinese restaurant, Jason spotted his slightly overweight mother sitting at the table closest to the door along with brads parents. They all looked pale and confused through the glass window that was spotted with age.

As Jason and Brad entered the building holding hands, their parents were speechless as they got the hint of their sons’ sexual attraction to one another. Jason’s mother Patricia Yeomen exploded with tears to the idea of her son being gay, but Brad’s dad Scott was enraged with this thought. He threw his dishes down and said”That is it! We’re leaving Louisville for good you little f***t, this the last straw!”
Sheri Mabel (Brad’s mom) fell to her hands and knees in shock and began crying herself.

Jason tried to calm his overwhelmed mother, but when he went to pat her back, she slapped his hand away and waddled out the door to her old Chevy. When Jason ran after her, she put the old hunk of junk into drive then took off.

Brad rushed out the door not all that long later with tears streaming down his cheeks and gave Jason a huge hug followed by one of the most idyllic kisses that neither one of them could ever forget. Then Jason to begin to shed tears. He was hoping that things would have gone better but they ended up disastrous.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean for you to get hurt”, said Jason with a dry cracked voice.
“It takes two to have a relationship. I just can’t believe it went this bad though”, replied Brad in a dismayed tone.
“Well it is what it is; let’s just hope that your dad won’t really make you leave. I don’t know what I would do without you.”
“All we can do is hope and pray that he won’t be fat prick and take me away from the life I have come to love.”
“Yea, well you ready to go? I’ll drop you off down the street from your house if that’s okay with you.”
“I don’t care; I’m in deep s*** either way.”

On the car ride to Brad’s house, neither one of them spoke a single word. Jason really needed to talk to Brad, but he just kept his mouth shut. When they reached the corner by Brad’s, they said their good-byes and Brad was on his way home. While he watched his one and only love walk in the rain alone he noticed a familiar old Chevy truck sitting in the driveway of the Mabel’s house and thought that maybe he should go check it out.

As he pulled in front of the house, His mother ran out the door waving him inside. When he reached the doorway, Patricia ordered him to sit down and listen. Scott then quickly stated that if they did not separate that he was going to take Brad away until his 18th birthday (which was only in a month and 4 days) but still, that was a long time to be away from your true love.

Not even halfway through the argument, Jason got up, staggered out the wide open door, and fell to his knees on the frosted sidewalk and let the tears escape.

Nearly 20 minutes later he could no longer take the pain, so it got in his car and flew down the road to his dark empty house. He was searching for something, anything that could take his life when finally he came upon a 9mm. He wrote his beloved
Brad a letter then put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

Jason’s neighbor Jenny heard the loud shot and dialed 911, only to find that an officer was already on his way.

When Officer Stormy arrived, he walked in the door and found Jason lying lifeless in a puddle of blood. He saw the blood soaked letter by Jason’s head and took it down to the Mabel’s house.
Brad was surprised to open the door to officer Stormy. When Brad took the letter, he noticed that it was Jason’s handwriting, and ran down the street and into the Yeoman’s house only to see his true love soaked in blood as dead as dead can be. He then lay next to Jason and let the warm salt drops slide down his cheeks.

being gay is just a way of life. Leave it be.

MarinaOreo GOLD, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

"Your soul is the whole world" -Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

Very true.

on Feb. 17 2010 at 10:31 am
bubblez094 BRONZE, Wmca, Nevada

its funny how sum1 can break ur heart but u still luv them w/ all the little pieces

its ones choice if they want to be gay and people should just except that.

That was really good. It was sad too :( I don't see why homosexuality can't be accepted by people. My uncle is gay and he's like my best friend. They're normal...