He Doesn't Even Notice Me, Or Does He? Part 2 | Teen Ink

He Doesn't Even Notice Me, Or Does He? Part 2

He was true to his word. That Friday he called asking when I wanted him to pick me up.
"Any time," I said. I could barely breathe. My pulse raced and I started to feel queasy.
Just calm down, I told myself.
I did little things around the house just to keep my mind off him. It started to work, until I heard a car door close.
A few seconds later, there was a knock at my door. Now my head was spinning. I collected myself and extended my shaking hand toward the front door knob.
I held my breath.
When the door swung open, I smiled hesitantly. He smiled back. I couldn't speak so I gestured for him to come in. He did and we stood akwardly by the door.
"Let me go get my purse. I'll be right down," I said in one breath.
"'Kay."
I ran up the stairs to my room to grab my purse, took my stash of money from my piggy bank since I didn't know where we were going, and walked back downstairs to him.
As we were walking to his car I asked, "So, where are we going?"
He answered, "You'll see."
All through the car ride doubts floated in my mind. What was I thinking? This was the kid who hung out with the druggies and trouble makers. I thought of all the places he might take me. A club? A crazy party?
Fear was all I could feel now. And stupidity.

I kept a look out for any houses that looked like a party was being held at, but we weren't near any houses. There were trees, and pretty soon restaurants came into view.
But we didn't stop at any of them, which made me nervous again.
I stopped paying attention to our surroundings and instead just stared at the scenery, not really seeing anything.
I only looked up when the car's engine turned off. I couldn't tell where we were and he hadn't said anything the whole ride.
"Here we are," he finally said.
Here we are where? I thought to myself.
He walked around the car to the trunk and took out a box. My eyes widened.
"Follow me," he said.
Don't follow him, don't follow him, ran through my head over and over again. But, of course, I followed him.
The texture under my feet changed and I looked down to see sand. I was curious so i walked faster, catching up with him.
I gasped when I saw the beautiful beach.
The sun cast a gorgeous light on the water. I was speechless. I almosr ran into him when he stopped. He knelt down and opened the box he had carried with him. It was filled with food!
"What--?"
"I thought we could have a picnic on the beach." Tears formed in my eyes, but I held them back and smiled.
He set up a blanket and motioned for me to sit, while he got everything ready.
We ate the food, talked about ourselves, and flirted....alot.
At the end of the night, he took my hand in his, curling his fingers through mine.
I turned my head to look at him and that's when he kissed me. It was the best kiss of my life. I swear I could hear something, but it was probably just the crash of water against rocks. Still, I like to think that maybe, just maybe, it was the fireworks going off, just like in the fairy tales.

He Doesn't Even Notice Me, Or Does He? Continued

I love this!!!! Part three please!!!

You're amazing :)

Jojomhs2010 BRONZE, Camby, In, Indiana

"Goodness Gracious" -Joanna S.
"Whats Happening Hot Stuff" 16 Candles

I agreee. Part 3 please. You are really, good.

on May. 11 2010 at 9:48 am
Basketball4everr GOLD, Smithtown, New York
wow i love it- i agree with the other people who said keep going with this and expanding on your idea cuz it seems too short- but yeah good job again overall

EmelineM. BRONZE, Lake Mary, Florida

Ohhhh Goddd :)

Makee a boook ! lol

Loved itt.

on May. 6 2010 at 10:08 am
PoetLaureate07 PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Mississippi

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing..

PART 3, PLEASE!!! =)

on May. 6 2010 at 5:46 am
sammie1997 GOLD, Winslow, Maine

never say goodbye
because goodbye means leaving
and leaving means forgetting
-petter pan

this was AMAZING!!!!!!!

could u read mine and give me some advice I sure could use help like yours to fix up a story!

smartlady1997 SILVER, Corry, Pennsylvania

I can conquor the world with one hand so long as you are here holding the other.

this is so sweet! i would love this if a guy did this!

bayleegurl said...
omg this was ahmazinggg