The River

The night is cold, i can see my breath as i walk down the steep hill towards a black flow of water. I have no mood, to tell the truth. All i feel is numb, i dont know if it is because of the cold or just because i was ignoring the pain screaming for attention in my stomache and heart.

This is a river of peace, but also of dispair. It pains me yet, i love it so much. The memories and nightmares it brings me are something i long to have. My dark dress flows in soft beeze that somehow brings me comfort.

I move a strand of my hair, that had fallen out of my ponytail, behind my ear. i look at my reflection, i quickly look away, ashamed of the face looking back at my lifeless eyes. My eyes, filled with tears, look around to see no one here. i step back. i run forward and jump into the river, cold and unforgiving.

I close my eyes and let everything rush in. The events of that day. the pain. you. The inevitable results of your being gone. I wish there were a way for me to make you come back, but i know thats impossible. despite the fact that im surrounded by water i feel my tears fall.

Everything starts to fade, i see a light, even though my eyes are closed. i hear your voice, i feel your hand in mine. i smile that i can still feel your presence when im gone, but suddenly i am awake and your here. im shocked. what happened? why are you here? I see your face, reflecting anger and sadness and a smile of seeing me. i smile and say "hi."

"hi." you say back to me, i know now that you saved me, and that we are okay, i dont understand why but now i know that we will be together, because you came back, because you love me, because i love you.

Love,
Juliet <3

TheUnknownGuest said...
Ok..... Now THIS is really beautiful!! I could see the secne as I read the words.... REALLY GOOD! I'm so proud of my little person! lol
:)