Lock and Key by Sarah dessen | Teen Ink

Lock and Key by Sarah dessen

January 8, 2010
By sarah1190 BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
sarah1190 BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This book is very heart touching and filled with love and drama. In this book you find out that no matter what you can survive through friendship and love. It may be hard at first but love can accomplish all things. The book starts with a teenage girl who is abandoned by her mother and then has to move in with her sister whom she hasn’t seen in years. She learns secrets that she would have never believed true. She has to learn to accept new things and her life changes dramatically.

This book is a romance novel that will touch the hearts of the readers. You will travel through a story of laughter, hurt and most of all love. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants something that cannot put away. I enjoyed every second of this book and would read it again.

The author Sarah Dessen says:
“While many things have changed since I was in high school, the violence, drugs and so many things are exactly the same. There’s still the guy you’re madly in love with who doesn’t even know your name, and the friend who is intensely appealing even though she treats you like garbage. High school was like that before I was there and will be ages from now.”

This is where she gets her inspiration from. She is a very good writer who writes books you can relate to.