Princesses of Hell (Preview) | Teen Ink

Princesses of Hell (Preview)

By J3ssannah BRONZE, South Elgin, Illinois
J3ssannah BRONZE, South Elgin, Illinois

"I couldn't just say 'I Love You'. Especially since I learned that those three words are so full of these emotions" (Misaki from Junjou Romantica.)

I’m a deamon, for crying out loud. A princess demon at that. I can’t cry. Won’t cry. Especially for a guy I had just met a couple weeks ago, and that took me on the best date ever. Even if I did get attacked by some demon during it and Leon nearly killed…

It was still the best day in my whole 1700 years of living. But the best moment was when he kissed me for the first time. I mean I’ve been kissed before but nothing like that.

Now, I’m getting side tracked. Lucien has Leon some where and wants me to meet him at the Pier. Alone, or he’ll kill Leon. And I can’t let that happen.

Like I said, I’m a demon. I think I can take on Lucien. Right..?

“I’m sorry but I’m going to the Pier alone,” I told Mary-Anne for the thousandth time. “I have to do what he says or who knows what he’ll do to Leon.”

Pheobe smiled at me from the back seat, “Awe, you really like my brother, huh?”

I cleared my throat looking away, “No, I don’t. I just don’t want this on my conscience.” Even if I did like him, which I don’t, I wouldn’t let her know that. She would rub it in my face. Pheobe kept smiling, not believing me for a moment.

I rolled my eyes. “Could you guys just give me the directions so I could go get Leon back?” I was tired of them treating me like a baby. I mean I may look seventeen but I’m way older. I bet I’m even older than Mary-Anne here.

Leon’s mom sighed in defeat, “Alright, here they are.” She handed me a small sheet of paper with writing on it.

“Are you sure these are the directions?” I looked at her skeptically. For all I know they lead me miles away from where I want to go.

Mary-Anne just leaned over me and opened the passenger door, exasperated. I shrugged. Not like I had anyone else to tell me where to go. Climbing out I grabbed my backpack and the cell phone Mary-Anne had given me, just in case.

Why did Lucien have to pick a place to meet that was so friggin’ far away? I thought to myself once again. My feet were killing me after walking around for two hours before and now I’m walking even more. And I think I’m lost!

Screw this. I pulled out my demon wings and flew up above the buildings. It took me awhile but I finally spotted the Pier. I landed on what looked like a loading dock. On a street lamp was a piece of paper taped to the pole. I pulled it off and saw there was two pieces, one a picture of a beaten Leon handcuffed to a brick wall and the other directions written in neat cursive.

“Oh, my poor Leon,” I mumbled then gasped when the words left my lips.

I mean… That so, did not just come out of my mouth. Darn vamp boy. He was growing on me. Him and all his stupid nice-ness.

"I'm Raine. Just your average deamon. Then vamp boy, Leon, had to come into my life and all I can do is think of him. Now, Lucien has him and who's gotta risk their life to save him?? Me, of course. I mean it's not like I really want to or anything... 'Cause I don't like him.. I just don;t want this on my conscience... Yeah.