You Left Me | Teen Ink

You Left Me

By luvinlife519 SILVER, Wilson, North Carolina
luvinlife519 SILVER, Wilson, North Carolina

"Your sidewalk is your runway"

The wind is blowing around my hair, whipping my face. I clutch my wool coat, buring my head in the faux fur lining. I stare out at the snow covered ground, watching couples skating hand in hand around the skating rink laughing and joking with each other. I instinctively grip the silver snow flake necklace Jason gave me last year, wishing he was here with me. A tear slides down my face, sending chills all down my back, remembering the day he left me. I remember all the fights we had together over small, silly things. I remember running into his arms when I’m upset. I remember our first kiss in the park that I’m at now, our fingers intertwining with each other, keeping our hands warm though the weather is cold outside. But then you left me. You left me to sulk. To sulk, thinking about what I did to deserve this kind of torture. I’m brought back to reality when I find myself scrawled on the snow, sobs escaping my mouth, tears flowing down my cheeks my icy cheeks. I wish he was here with me. I need someone to dust me off when I’m down and someone to kiss me to make me shut me up when I speak to much. I miss Jason. I’d do anything to bring him back to Earth. I would sometimes write mental notes to him, hoping he would read them and reply to me somehow.
“Umm….Are you alright?” I hear someone say to me. His voice sounds just like Jason’s, which only makes me burst into even more. “Here, let’s get you off the snow. You could get sick.”

Sniffle. “Thanks for being so nice to me. I-” and that’s when I see his lightning blue eyes piercing right into my soul. “ Look just like J….J…Jason,” I stutter to say, trying not to into another crying fit.

“I got your letters,” he mutters “I’m sorry I left you Lexa. I never meant to hurt you so badly. All I want to do is be with you, and that’s all I’ve ever wanted. I know you’ll be mad at me but-” He tries to say.

I lunge toward him, wrapping my arms around his neck, kissing him for the first time since last year. “I’ve missed you” I whisper into his ear, hugging him tighter to me.

“I’ve missed you also…”

Please rate and comment!!! :)

its_me GOLD said...
on Feb. 7 2010 at 4:25 pm
its_me GOLD, San Mateo, California
would you mind giving my feedback on my work? I'd really appreciate it!

its_me GOLD said...
on Feb. 7 2010 at 4:25 pm
its_me GOLD, San Mateo, California
this is such a cute story! i can totally relate to this!