Blue Sky part 7 | Teen Ink

Blue Sky part 7

By jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts

Walking through the woods with Eric was amazing. I had the best feeling I have ever felt. I was totally surrounded by my two favorite things in the world, Eric and the woods. Every nerve in my body felt like it was electrically charged. Once Eric’s house was in sight I let the feeling linger. Once we were inside I looked around. His house was a bit familiar to me since I had been here before. I followed him into a big room that contained a bed, a TV, and a radio. “This is your room?” I asked Eric, amazed.

“Yes, do u like it?” he asked curious at what my answer was going to be. I could tell that he was wondering what I was thinking. “It’s amazing.” I answered walking over to a stack of books to the left of his bed. I looked at the books he had, and I was surprised that I recognized some of the titles, Wuthering Heights was one of them. I turned around to look at him. “You like to read?” I asked him. He smiled sheepishly. “I have a lot of time on my hands and reading calms me. It takes my mind off of things.” he answered me. He watched me closely as I crossed the room to look at the CD’s he had on his shelf. I picked up his Coldplay CD which I happen to also own and have listened to many many times. He looked at me suspiciously. “Do you like Coldplay?” he asked me. “I love Coldplay, it’s one of my favorites.” I told him while feeling a smile spread across my face. I carefully placed the CD back on the shelf where I had found it. I walked over to his bed and sat down, just watching him while he packed. While I watched Eric pack up his belongings my mind wondered. I thought about my family back home and I wondered what my mom would say about letting Eric stay. I hope that she will let him………….Scratch that, she has to let him. “Are you ready to go?” Eric asked, pulling me away from all of my thoughts. I shook my head yes, partly to shake all of the thoughts from my mind. He held out his hand and I was more than happy to take it. Once we got out of his house and half way into the woods he pulled me into a passionate kiss. He held me like I was a delicate flower. His lips slowly pulled back from mine, the kiss left me breathless and both of us gasping for air. The ground below me was spinning, I felt myself fall back and I looked down to see the ground getting closer. Eric grabbed my hands and pulled me back to him. I held his shoulders and he held me by my waist. “Breathe Sky.” he reminded me. I felt my face get hot while we were both looking at each other in silence. He put his hand under my chin and brushed his thumb against my fiery red cheek. “Um…We should.. Uh .. Get going.” I said breaking the silence between us. I started walking slowly and he followed. Once he caught up to me I looked at him and asked “What do you think my mom is going to say?” I could see that the question I asked took him by surprise. He probably never took thoughts about what my mom would say into consideration. “That is a question that I don’t know the answer to. I’m sorry Sky.” he replied. I shrugged and put all the thoughts I had of what my mom would say into the very back of my head.

We walked in silence for a while. I was just trying to avoid talking about what was going to happen when we got to my house and I’m pretty sure that Eric was doing the same. Once we got to the river the silence stopped. “I can’t believe it was just a few weeks ago when I met you and look at where we are now.” Eric pointed out. I sat down and dipped my toes into the warm water thinking about what he said for a little. “I’m just glad that you saved me, otherwise I probably wouldn’t be here.” I said looking back at him. He came over, sat beside me, and just stared into my eyes. “Don’t think like that Sky. You’re here now, that’s the only thing that matters, and I will make sure that you stay here no matter what it takes.” He told me sternly. “Ok, I hear you.” I said softly.

Right before I opened the door to my house I took a deep breath and glanced at Eric who reassured me that everything was going to work out fine. I stepped inside and pulled Eric in right behind me. I saw my mom in the kitchen and I walked up to her. “Mom?” I started to ask. “Yes? What is it Skylar?” she asked me while turning around. She wasn’t surprised that Eric was right behind me, she had known about him since the day I met him. She had no idea who he was she just knew that I had met someone because she knows me very well, we were very close while I was growing up. “Mom I don’t know how you’re going to take this but, Eric has to stay with us.” I told her. I saw the expression on her face totally shift. She wasn’t expecting me to drop it on her like that and I knew that it was bad but I had to do it. “Eric, right?” my mom asked. Eric shook his head yes. “Could you step outside for a moment, I would like to have a talk with my daughter.” Eric smiled politely at my mom and walked outside. I had a feeling that I was toast, no I was more then toast I was dead meat. My mom motioned for me to take the seat next to her and I did. “You really like this boy don’t you Sky?” she asked me. I was totally shocked at what she had asked me. I was preparing to be fried but now I was grateful for my mom being so calm about things. “Yes I really do.” I said smiling. “I can see that you do, I can see it in the way you look at him. You have trust and caring in your eyes when he’s with you. I can also see it in the way he looks at you. He is a very nice boy and I can tell that he has given you his heart and you have keep it safe just that way the he keeps yours. Sky I trust you enough to let him stay, but there are going to be ground rules for both of you.” my mom said finishing up her kind, motherly lecture. “Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you!! I promise I will follow every rule you have!” I said before kissing my mom on the cheek and running to get Eric, to tell him the wonderful news. I opened the door with a big smile on my face and I knew that I didn’t have to say anything, he already knew that he was allowed to stay.

Eric walked inside and took my hand. I was so happy that my mom had allowed him to stay, I felt like I was glowing with happiness. We sat down at the kitchen table side by side waiting for my mom to go over all of the ground rules. I quickly introduced Eric to my mom, trying to be polite. “Hi Eric, it is nice to finally meet you. I know that Skylar really cares about you very much; she talks about you a lot.” my mom said embarrassing me and making my cheeks burn a bright red. “It’s very nice to meet you too and thank you very much for letting me stay with your family.” Eric said, he was being so mature which is a side of him that I have never seen. “Ok so now that we know each other Eric and I are going to go upstairs.” I said grabbing Eric by the hand and pulling him along with me. “Ok but be down here for dinner and after we will talk about the rules.” my mom called out to us as we walked up the stairs.

I hope you enjoy!