EC+AM=4ever Chapter 27 (Part 2)

"It's not your fault." he murmured, stroking my hair gently. I felt so safe, so warm, so protected in his arms. I sniffled and looked up at him. His eyes were sincere and full of empathy.

"Thank you," I said, letting my lips work their way towards his, kissing him softly. The car behind us honked and we pulled away from each other.

"Get a room!" the old man who'd honked at us yelled out his window.

So Cole began to inch his car forward, the traffic beginning to slowly clear up.

"What was all your fault anyways?" he asked me.

"The car accident Ms. Mongolia got into." I replied.

"Evalynne, you can't keep freaking out about that. Ash's mom will be fine and everyone will be happy again." he assured me.

"But it's still my fault."

He sighed heavily, "Well everybody makes mistakes. I've done lots of things that I regret, but I have to just accept that and move on. And so do you."

"But you don't understand, Cole. You've never cost anyone their life." I reminded him. I couldn't stand the guilt washing over me.

"That's true, but Ash should know exactly how you feel."

"Oh my gosh, you're right. How did you know he killed his dad anyways?" I asked.

"He did what?" Cole exclaimed.

My eyes widened, "Isn't that what you were talking about?"

"No! I meant that he made you want to kill yourself, causing you to step in front of that car and cause the accident. I had no clue that he killed his dad!"

"Oh," I laughed sheepishly. "Well now you know. So anyways-"

"No, no, no," he interrupted. "I want the full story."

So I told him all about the hit and run and how his dad was going to kill his mom, but Ash killed him before he could. Cole was left speechless, in complete and total shock.

"You've got to be kidding me..." he murmured.

"I wish I was." I said.

"I can't believe this! Ash killed his own father! How is he not arrested?" he cried.

"The cops took it as self-defense. They let him go, but he still feels awful about it." I explained.

"You see, everyone makes mistakes." he pointed out. "Now you shouldn't feel so bad." I wished that I didn't feel so bad, but I couldn't control the unwavering guilt that was taking over me.

We drove in silence for an hour, neither of us saying a word. "You mind if I turn on the radio?" I asked Cole, breaking the silence.

"Sure, go ahead." he told me.

So I turned the radio on, searching for a good radio station. I stopped when I heard a Taylor Swift song that I knew. We listened to the radio for the next hour and a half, not speaking.

Then, we finally pulled into a large parking lot. "We're here." Cole announced. Both of us stepped out of his car and I took in the salty ocean air.

"Isn't it beautiful?" I asked wistfully, looking out at the beach as the waves from the Atlantic ocean rolled in.

"Yeah, you are." he replied. I blushed and turned to face him.

"How sweet," I said.

He grinned, "Come on, let's go." Then he took my hand in his and we began walking towards the beach.

Author's Note: Sooo...are you guys Team Ash or Team Cole so far? Just wondering, LOL. And I'm not trying to copy off Twilight with the whole teams thing. I'm just wondering who you guys want Evalynne to end up with. :)

nina.w said...
I was so team Ash but at this point in the story im team Cole!!!!

Catiestar said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 12:06 am

Greatttt story:)

Team Cole....

BookFreak14 said...
I have to go with kkayla3897. TEAM COLE!!!! He is kinda and sounds like he cares way more than Ash... Sorry Ash fans but Cole is the one:)

kkayla3897 said...

Ash is a selfish jerk for piling one thing on top of another, but I see that he really loves her.

Cole, on the other hand is a nice guy once you give him a chance. Sure he has a twisted sense of humor, but is more deserving than Ash.

kkayla3897 replied...
Team Cole all the way!!!!!

freewriter_123 said...
Dont listen to these people! TEAM ASH!! They were meant to be!

samwich7 replied...
I've been reading this for hours, and I have to agree. Team Ash all the way.

AislinnKnight said...
Sept. 12, 2010 at 2:40 am
I'm sorry, there's no competition. Cole.

Let_It_Be said...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 12:42 am
cole! because i think she has givin ash way to many second chances. but i dont think the army thing is ash's fault. 

haveusmiled2day replied...
I agree!! Evalynne is giving Ash tooooooo many chances!! Yet Cole was a jerk ...so idk...

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i cant decide!! i love them both but i hate them both at the same time! cole would be amazing if he hadnt been such a jerk in the begining....hmmm....so i dont know!! i guess im kind of leaning towards cole...?

sundaelover116 said...
Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:31 am
Team COLE!!!! he hasn't broken her heark like 300000 times!!!

M.S.S. said...
I wanna say team Ash so evelynn can stay with him and I can have Cole haha

romancejunkie replied...
Me to. Plus I usually go for the first luv

ashkash95 said...
Most definitely TEAM ASH! yeah he can be a jerk but Cole's just annoying it's like hes totally okay with fake dating her and then all of a sudden is all over her and then threatens to call the cops! What is Evalynne doing with him?!

sondheimfreak This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Team Cole, for sure. Ash is so dumb. He doesn't deserve her.

Katherine1 replied...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 8:46 am
like!!!!!^^

feartheuntypical said...
Team Cole, atleast he wants her and doesnt mess everything up all the time.

little-miss-sunshine said...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 10:47 am
Neither! They both can be such jerks, yet although the drama might not be realistic, your characters certainly are! Amazing story. Can't stop reading. However I'm just wondering how the main girl, went from being dorky to having all the guys like her. Or wait, is she not really dorky that's just the way she sees herself? Cuz that would make sense!

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
yeah u totally caught on to that lol...u know how she used to be all shy...well she wasn't confident or anything either :)