The Power of a Kiss

"You are a heartless, cruel, horrible person!" I yell, ignoring the baffled stares of surrounding kids.

"Yeah?" Ted sneered. "Am I?" He half-smiled. The fact that he wasn't seething with anger at my hateful words made ME seethe with anger.

"Yes, you are." I whisper, so that no one but Ted can hear me. "You are."

Ted took a step closer to me. "Well, so are you." He said softly. Even when we were dating, I never remember Ted speaking quietly or acting shy, and now that we had broken up and were now fighting, his gentle tone, for some reason, scared me to death.

He edged toward me. "I love you." Huh? What? I cocked my head at him. "I love you." he repeated, stroking my face. I smiled, ready to forgive him for dumping me for that cheerleader, when all the hurt from his 'we're breaking up' text came flooding back to me.

Suddenly, I reached up and slapped his hand off my cheek. "Well I don't love you." I snapped. The crowd around us gasped. My cheeks grew hot.

"Ted,I don't love you and I never will. You hurt me and I'm NEVER going to forgive you. Never." I never thought I'd say these words. For the past 6 months, the only thing I've wanted is Ted back. And now that I have him, he's the last thing I want.

Ted turned on his heel and slowly walked away. Standing there, face flushed with embarassment, I sighed. What had I just done? I closed my eyes and did a quick evaluation of myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming all of this.

Suddenly, I felt a warm hand lifting up my chin. I opened my eyes. It was Ted. What was he doing back? Hadn't I made it perfectly clear that-

"I love you." he breathed one last time. Before I knew it, our lips were intertwined. I grabbed his neck and he held my waist. The crowd 'OOOOoooooohh!'ed. But I didn't care. Ted had made everything up to me by one kiss. One, big kiss. Wow. I forgive him just because he knows how to make our lips touch. Wow.

The power of a kiss.

ClockworkLightbulb said...
This is really good, short and sweet.(:

Seldom_Walker said...
This is beautifully written. Keep Up The Good Work!