The Modern Eros: Part 3 | Teen Ink

The Modern Eros: Part 3

By Katuria:D GOLD, Miami, Florida
Katuria:D GOLD, Miami, Florida

The inside of the house was enormous, but with all the body’s packed inside, it looked tiny. There was barely even any breathing room left. The halls were lined with highschooler’s of all grades attempting to speak over the music. We barely made our way through to the kitchen when I saw Mike. I quickly turned my head and I proceeded to the kitchen which was the least packed room. I nodded to Delia indicating this is where I would stay most of the night. She smiled and walked into thee next room where everyone was dancing, or really just moving there butts and trying not to get too smooshed.

I grabbed a stool and sat down. I barely had my bottom on the chair when a group of rowdy guys walked into the room. Mike was one of them, I hoped I could leave before they saw me, but, yup, too late. They where suddenly all around me.

“Hey it’s a girl! Hi girl!” That was John Riley, star quarter back and total schlep. One of them grabbed my hair and actually smelled it, I mean brought it to his nose and full on sniffed it.

“She smells amazing!” I was about to smack his hand in protest when Mike chimed in.

“Leave the girl alone people this isn’t a zoo.” wow. Mike stood up for me. But he probably just felt pitty, I was just some loser. Unconsciously my hand went to the necklace around my neck. Then down to the cork. I opened the cork and watched as the dazzling mist flowed out just like in the dream

What happened next was completely unintentional. The mist spread around the room, going into each one of the guys eyes. They all looked glassy eyed for a moment, but they where back after an instant. What had I just done?

“Helen. I have never seen anyone as beautiful as you!” Wow, Johns vocabulary increased when he was in love. Wait. In love. Oh god.

“Say you love me Helen! For I love you more then anyone on this Earth could love another!” Patrick Romero, another football player.

“No! How dare you Patrick! I love her more then you do!” This was Jamal, a big linebacker who never showed emotions. He raised his fist and punched Patrick in the face. My hands shot up to my mouth. I couldn’t believe it!

“Guys stop! I don’t love any of you now stop!” I screamed.

“You made her angry Jamal! You’re going to pay.” Patrick threw another punch and suddenly John was throwing punches too. They all stopped to look at each other, and without even speaking moved the fight outside. I went to follow, but was surprised when Mike grabbed my arm and gave me a puzzled look.

“What did you do to them? They never act like this.” Why hadn’t the mist worked on him? Where we really so incompatible that even Eros toughest magic couldn’t mask it?

“I’m sorry.” was all I could manage. “I didn’t so anything I swear.” He chuckled.

“Are you kidding? This is great! Its awesome to see them fight over something that’s not worthless.” He nudged me and we went to join the commotion outside.

When I got there I saw Delia and immediately joined her. Unfortunately, Brittany had just arrived too.

“What is all this fighting about!” She looked extremely angry. The guys all stopped and stared. Finally Jamal spoke.

“John and Patrick are unworthy. Only I, Jamal, and worthy of her beauty.” Brittany smiled.

“How thoughtful of you all, but really guys there’s no need to fight over me.” She smiled and twirled her hair. I snorted and Mike stifled his laugh. That made me smile.

“You?” remarked Patrick.

“We speak of Helen” Brittany stared at John. Oh, if looks could kill. She turned to me and my smile faded just as quickly as it had appeared. Suddenly all eyes where on me. Helen smiled her cold smile of death. She walked slowly towards me, the seconds wearing on. Her and flew and my right cheek was suddenly stinging.

“Who invited you here Helen? I told you things would get ugly” She stared me straight in the eye. Then her attention turned to my necklace. Ohhh no. She grabbed it and studied it. Will a firm tug she yanked it off my neck and threw it into the dirt, squashing it with her heel. And unfortunately, twisting off the cap.

I dove for the necklace, which I guess is what she expected and she pulled me by the hair.

“Oh no you don’t you brat.” I watched as the mist swirled out the bottle and hesitated in midair. It swirled a little bit, and went to about five more guys standing near me. After a moments delay they’re eyes became normal and they where rushing to my rescue. It didn’t take much effort for them to pry Brittany away from me kicking and screaming.

“What should we do now?” One of them asked.

“Take her home!” Delia to my rescue. They looked at me and I nodded. They loaded her into a pick up truck and I smiled as I watched her ride away.

“Are you okay?” Mike! I nodded. “Come with me you look pale.” I looked and Delia and she had a wild smile on her face; she nodded her head. I followed him into the house as the party continued as nothing happened. With the exception of the remaining lover boys who followed us. He led me up the stairs into a bathroom with a large tub in the center of the room. “Wait here I’m going to get you some water.” He looked at the guys and then at me. I shrugged and he left.

They all really just stood there. I didn’t understand this at all and I just wanted it to stop! I couldn’t even get the one guy I really loved! I put my head in my hands when I felt the familiar hand on my heart. I looked up to see Eros and his warm smile.

I couldn’t help but smile back. He just had that effect.

“Hey Eros.” I said weakly.

“Hello Helen. I’ve come to check on you. Are you satisfied with your gift?” I thought about whether I should lie or not. I decided against it, I didn’t know the penalty against lying to a god but I didn’t want to find out.

“To be honest no. I have all these guys following me like drones and I don’t know how to make them stop! Then the one guy I really do love, isn’t affected by this stuff.” He studied my face and I expected him to be angry, but he just kept smiling.

“I was right about you Helen. You really are great. You have understood my real reasoning behind giving you this gift. You see, I cannot just choose any random people to be together, they have a certain bond since before birth I simply help it develop. Forcing someone to love you can only lead to disaster as you have seen here.

As for the one you love, look deeper Helen. You are smart. Did you think you two where just simply completely incompatible? Of course not. He is affected however his mood does not change because he was already in love with you before.”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. This was too much to take in. I was crazy happy right now.

“Consider the spell lifted. These imbeciles will no longer bother you. In fact let me poof them out of this room. They make me nervous, teenage boys. So unpredictable.” I leaped up of the tub and threw my arms around him. I may have thought twice about this if I was thinking straight but he actually didn’t seem angry. He chuckled and winked. Then he was gone.

Mike walked in and I was still smiling. He stopped.

“You know you have a dimple on your left cheek?” I touched the little crevice and smiled some more. He walked over and handed me the glass. “Where are all the love puppies? I expected they would still be gawking when I came back” I laughed.

“They all got some sense knocked into them.” He inched closer and looked down smiling. He put a hand on his necked and rubbed nervously.

“Well, not all of them.” He met my eyes and tilted his head back up. He held my gaze and brushed a strand of hair of my face. Then he leaned down and kissed me. I felt a hand on my heart and I knew, that this love was real.

Katuria:D GOLD said...
Katuria:D GOLD, Miami, Florida
:D thanks! I posted this because of my friend and i really wasnt expecting any readers.I'm glad you guys liked it.

emily23 BRONZE said...
emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine

Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning.

the perfect ending to a perfect story

Secret_Love_Tells GOLD, Harrisonburg, Virginia

"I love you more than the sun loves the sky and the moon loves the stars" --my best friend
"Do it for love." --sark
"One does not succeed in never falling but in getting back up evertime they do so."- Confucius

OMG! All parts of this story are amazing! I really felt like I was in the story too! It is so great! Keep writing!

contrygurl BRONZE, Sanbernardino, California

to love and to be loved is lifes greatest joy

wowz!!! this is amazing!!!! keep it up!

KonyaB!!! GOLD said...
KonyaB!!! GOLD, Edison, New Jersey
This is the end, isn't it? :(

Really good job! You actually kept me focused on something for 20 minutes straight. :) Keep on writing.