Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

December 15, 2009
By apt124 SILVER, New Canaan, Connecticut
apt124 SILVER, New Canaan, Connecticut
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

She’s daring. That loser. I watch her slyly from the corner of my eye, tracing her flirtatious giggles and each bend and curve of her body.
“Oh god, she’s at it again,” Chris slides down in the seat next to me, opening the carton of milk and gulping it down, acknowledging my longing, disgusted stares. But he doesn’t understand. No one does.

“Dude get over her. She’s like not even that hot,” he takes a swig of some more milk. “I mean like a 6 on a good day,” he adds, confirming to himself his authority over her appearance. He nods ever so slightly in agreement with himself.

Look at the way she is placing her arm on Danny Covino’s shoulder. My eyes glow with envy and anger.

“Anyyy way,” he tries to move the lifeless conversation along.

He starts on some bland topic and my ears glass over his words. Then I see her, coming towards us behind him. Oh man.
“Hey chhriiisss,” her voice flutters and hovers romantically above our table.
“Uh hi,” he says, trying to sound deadpan and uninterested, but I can see the little spark that just went off. Forget him. I can’t trust anyone anymore.
She turns her attention to me, thrusting a confident but curious look in my direction. I return her stare with steady, even eyes.
“What do you want,” I growl, although I wanted it to come out without emotion. Her eyes scan over me, and I feel my insides turn hollow. Talk about piercing eyes.

The author's comments:
Hey everyone -
So this is just the beginning/ draft of something I started writing, and I was wondering if you guys had an suggestions on where I could take this, or improvements on what I already have.

Much appreciated!