The Quest

Have you ever wanted to get to the end of the rainbow, and find the pot of gold? Well I went to the end of the rainbow, but I didn’t find a pot of gold. I found something else. Something much better.

I woke up one Saturday morning. I looked out my window to find my window blurry, and it was pouring down rain. “My day isn’t going to go well.” I mumbled to myself. I rolled out of bed, and put on my fuzzy pink robe and fuzzy pink slippers that matched my robe. I went downstairs and smelled the best smell. It smelled like baking bread and fried bacon. My breakfast was waiting for me on the table. I sat down and let out a big sigh. My mom asked me what was wrong and I said nothing, just that the day wasn’t starting off too well.

After I got done eating the delicious breakfast, I went back to my room to take a shower. Once I got out of the shower I got dressed and made my hair curly. I came back downstairs and went into the living room. My brother was there watching TV, so I joined him. I sat there and got out my phone to see if I had any texts or missed calls. I had 5 texts. None from who I wanted it to be from. My head dropped and my heart felt empty. I didn’t text any of them back. I just sat there and watched TV trying to think of a good reason to text him. I couldn’t find a good enough reason, so I closed my phone and sat it by my side. My brother looked over at me and asked me what was wrong with me. I said that I was fine, just didn’t sleep well.

About an hour or two passed and I was still sitting in the living room on the couch watching TV, and waiting for my phone to go off. My mom yelled at me telling me that I should go do something instead of sitting there all day. I told her that I will after the show is over. My brother wasn’t watching TV with me anymore. His friend had called, and he went over to his friends house to play. I could call one of my friends to see if they wanted to do something, but I just wanted to be alone. My phone went off and I reached for it fast. I opened it up too see who the text was from. It wasn’t from him, it was my friend Liz. She asked me if I wanted to go to the mall and go shopping. I replied back to her and told her no, and that I was busy right now, but maybe later. She said “Ok.” My phone went off again and it was from a blocked number. The message told me to go to the end of the rainbow, and what I have been looking for would be there. I shut my phone, and rolled my eyes.

My show ended and I look outside. It stopped raining and the sun was trying to come out. I looked in the distance and saw a bright rainbow. I thought to myself about going and finding the end of the rainbow. I knew that it wasn’t true about the pot of gold or finding the end of the rainbow, but I still wanted to see what was at the end. I told my mom that I was going over to a friend’s house, so she wouldn’t think I was crazy about searching for the end of the rainbow. I told my mom and went and got in my car. I drove down the street and out of my neighborhood. I looked around to find the rainbow, and it was down the street. I drove about 10 miles till I had to stop. It was the wood trails. I parked my car and got out. I read the sign and it said only open during the week. It was the weekend. I stood there and thought if I should go or not. I decide to go in.

I walked through the woods on the trails. It was still somewhat damp outside. It smelled fresh like the outdoors and trees. I loved that smell. It was so refreshing and calming. I looked up at the sky and saw the rainbow. The end just looked a little bit ahead of me. I keep walking. I should have brought water I thought to myself. I walked for about 15 minutes till I rested for awhile. “When am I going to get there?” I say to myself. I kept walking a little longer. I looked up again and saw the rainbow even closer. Almost there, I saw the end of it. I walked out into a big field up on the hill. The rainbow just vanishes. I didn’t see it anymore. I looked around for something, a clue, or something why I could’ve gotten told to come up here for. I saw nothing; it was just me and a bunch of grass all around me. My head dropped again in disappointment. I decide to turn back around and walk back down to my car. When I turned around I saw him. The guy that I had been waiting around for, and the texts that I have waited for. He was now standing right in front of me. This was what I’ve been looking for, and why I had gotten that text to go to the end of the rainbow. There wasn’t a pot of gold there, but what was at the end of the rainbow meant so much more.