Winter Wonderland | Teen Ink

Winter Wonderland

By bluestar500 BRONZE, Perkasie, Pennsylvania
bluestar500 BRONZE, Perkasie, Pennsylvania

Henry and I were walking down the snow covered path in the park, our breath coming out in tiny white puffs of frost. It was silent, but a comfortable silence. We walked a little off the path, snow crunching under our feet. I shivered as snow feel into my boot.

“It’s pretty cold out today.” I said conversationally.

“I know what you mean! It was warmer when the sun was out.” Henry said. “Do you…want to go home?”

“Oh no, I’m fine.” I smiled as we cleared the snow off a bench.

“Well, just tell me if you’re too cold, Lark, and we can head home.” Henry said seriously.

“It’s fine, really. So…why did you call to tell me to meet you here, anyway?”

“I just thought it’d be nice to talk.”

“Alright.” We sat in silence for a little while. “We aren’t talking much, are we?” I laughed.

“Not really.” I felt Henry put an arm around my shoulders. “But it’s nice to just sit next to you.”

I looked at him, his chocolate brown eyes were serious and very, very gentle. I swallowed the lump in my throat and leaned against his chest. “Yeah, it is nice.”

“Lark, if I tell you something, will you promise to still be with me, like we are now, no matter what it is I tell you?”

“Well, yeah. I’ll always be your friend.”

“Alright, well, then is it okay if we could be…more than friends?” I heard him sigh as I tensed up. “I… ever since I’ve been friends with you, I’ve always thought you were pretty. But now…well, I think you’re beautiful. Lark, I think I love you.” He said the last bit in a rush.

“Oh. Well.” I said, trying to calm the turmoil in my mind. “I also…well only for about a month now, but I’ve also noticed how…how funny you are, and how you look when you smile.”I looked down at my feet, blushing. “I think I also might…well…”

“You love me?” I could hear the excitement and happiness in his voice.

“Yes, I suppose I do. I love you Henry.”

“And I love you too, Lark.”

We looked at each other and smiled.

“I’m so glad.” Henry said. “Um, can I ask you another question, Lark?” He cradled my cheek in his hand.

“Yes.” I breathed.

His lips were warm against the cold of the winter, and I could feel my heart leap in the air in delight.
It was my perfect winter wonderland.

thanks so much!! Personally, i hate cliffhangers, so i try to avoid them. (every time i read a book with a cliffhanger, i feel like beating the author upside the head...i wanna know what happens!!) =)

_Mags_ SILVER said...
on Jul. 13 2010 at 11:22 am
_Mags_ SILVER, Somewhere, North Carolina

- I stare danger in the face and giggle
- Never argue with an idiot, people might not know the difference
-R.A.P (Retards Attempting Poetry)
-Tip Cologne ryhmes with alone

beautiful and well writen, plus an actual good ending rather then a cliffhanger haha. 5/5

btw-can you check out some of my stuff?