Shadowed by the Moon (Part 3)

“Why will you not let me touch your skin?” he stared at me intently. Of course he would ask another difficult question. I shook my head, not that question. “No, we had a deal,” his face became harder, “And if you do not honor your word I will remove that veil this instant.” His voice was sharp and I flinched. He was threatening me? If I did not comply he’d threaten me. I started to shake. I did not want to see him as physically dangerous but if necessary I would.
He seemed to see my horror and his anger slipped away. “I’m sorry,” he said softly, causing me to immediately feel calm once again, “That was unkind, you do not have to answer if you really can’t. I promise not to touch you never the less.” Although he did not release my hand. I stared at him, at Orrick, I truly did like that name, at how his eyes were averted. He was ashamed of his cruel words.
“I do not want you to touch me,” I started before I even realized my mouth was moving, “because it might frighten you. And that would frighten me.” His hand tightened but I saw no other signs of distress.
“I do not wish to frighten you.” He whispered, I looked up at him. His eyes stared down at me kindly. Was he really not so horrified by my voice? “But I can assure you that nothing you do will frighten me.” I almost laughed at that. He really didn’t know what he was saying. “And I like your voice by the way.” He added, “A lot actually. It’s very…bewitching.” I froze, immediately retrieving my hand. I took a step back.
“I’m not witch.” I said, shocked. Please, don’t let him see me for what I was. “I swear to you. I’m not.” At least I wasn’t trying to be. He looked confused by my conclusion.
“No, I know that.” He assured me, but I was not convinced. “I was simply saying you have very appealing voice, since you seem so hesitant to speak. It is soft and sweet.” He stepped closer to me, but my nerves were already frayed. I needed to leave. Somehow Orrick was able to tell. “Alright, I won’t stop you if you wish to go. But please promise me you’ll come back tomorrow.” He begged. How could I say no?
“I promise” I whispered. He smiled, my heart fluttered, and I ran. Even as I scaled to ivy into my room I knew I would be honoring my promise. I could not seem to stay away. But why was it that he shook whenever I spoke? Was he frightened? But no, his eyes were too soft for that. Was it something I did? The alien qualities of my voice made him shake but did not make him afraid. It was odd.

Muziksoul29 said...
May 19, 2010 at 1:54 pm:
ur story is amazing i can almost feel the electricity in aster how did u get to be such a good writer?

Victoria_Luz replied...
Nov. 10, 2010 at 4:47 pm :
honestly, i read...a lot. maybe 3 books a week. and i write what I want to read. and i practise. like any other talent practising makes you better! XD

totally-crazed said...
u r such a great writer your stories have so much detail that i feel like i am feeling everything the main character is

Victoria_Luce replied...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 10:18 am :
Thank you soooo much!!! The rest of it is on http ://inkpop .com /projects/7089/shadowed-by-the-moon/ if you don't wanna wait :)

Muziksoul29 replied...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 1:03 pm :
when do you think you are going to update on here again?

Victoria_Luz replied...
Nov. 10, 2010 at 4:50 pm :
sorry but i don't really work from teenink any more. inkpop is also free and you can read my story without signing up