The Demons in Angels chapter one part two | Teen Ink

The Demons in Angels chapter one part two

By Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington
Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington

Win the Darwin award already!

Chapter 1
An unexpected find

I was standing on a cloud with her, holding her delicately. She looked deep into my eyes and I looked deep into her blood red ones. They held so much emotion and energy. I ran my fingers gently through her black, silky hair and surrounded us with my wings. She saw them and screamed, breaking the blanket of silence that but a moment ago was thick and warm. She pushed me away and started to run away. Time slowed down as I began to chase her, calling her name as she took flight. I never heard her tell me but I knew, Angela.
“Gabriel! Get up or you’ll never get used to your new schedule!”
I sat up with a start; my sister was staring at me. I could tell she was mad at me for sleeping in again.
“Get up or I’m telling Dad!” she shrieked at me.
“Then leave Abby.”
“Oooh! You’re impossible!”
Abby stormed out and I got up. Wondering how much the other students would hate me just for being me. I jumped out the window and spotted another angel, a Fallen. I looked at my watch. Abby had gotten me up a half hour early! Why can’t she just leave me be for ten minutes? I decided not to turn around but to wait for the other students to enter before I tried. I knew that they’d hate me more than any other Risen that they’d ever seen. I was sure of it. I waited for a full half hour, after the last of the students outside entered the building I climbed off the roof and cautiously stepped inside the cold unforgiving doors that I had seen as cheerier yesterday. I found my homeroom and the teacher introduced me. I felt like a complete dork. I looked around slowly and found the only empty seat in the whole room. Next to the most beautiful girl, I had ever seen. It was like finding a jewel among sand. I had seen her before. Wait, I saw her in my dream earlier today! This was weirder than weird. She turned her head slightly but then we locked eyes. Hers were exactly as I had seen them in my dream. She looked from side to side, as though she were searching for something, then she buried her face into her hands.
“Take your seat Gabriel.” I jumped at his voice and there was some laughter rippling through the room. I sat in the seat next to that girl I had locked eyes with; she still had her face in her hands. I suddenly remembered her name, Angela. It fits her. Angela jumped when she uncovered her face. It seemed like she almost punched me from reflex. I got my notes out and continued writing. It's too bad that we write with opposite hands. My arm was against hers the whole class through; I felt a gentle seeping heat ooze into my blood. I saw her after class; her friend was staring at me from across the hall. After the last teacher dismissed us, I went home in mild disgrace. I saw Angela on the way home; she’s a very graceful flyer. When we were halfway to home, she dropped altitude, fast. Time slowed down when I hit top speed to catch her. She didn’t act as if she cared that I was carrying her, somehow I knew she minded though. She probably hates me like the rest of them. She closed her eyes and opened one after a while. I realized I didn’t know what her house number was. When I spoke she hung even more limp than I thought possible.
“Where do you live?”
She didn’t answer me.
“What is your address?”
“29805.” She answered in a mid-soprano voice.
“Interesting.”
“What?”
“I live across the street from you.”
I saw her close her eyes again and groan, probably from the displeasure of knowing she would see me every day. I landed on her roof and was extra careful about her skin wings so I wouldn’t cut them. She stood up and the moon behind her made her glow with a silver light. I didn’t think it was possible but she looked even more beautiful than before. I couldn’t help but smile.
“Y-you should go.” My bliss shattered.
“What? Why?”
“I-I don’t want you to be caught standing on our roof.”
I resumed my smiling as I glided over to my roof. I caught one last glimpse of her before I climbed into my room window. I passed out on my bed and woke up with the sun in my face. I did my homework and went downstairs to sneak food up to my room. I closed my eyes and thought about Angela for the rest of the day.

this is the second part of chapter one. i know that they are both chapter one. pay attention to who narrates it.

Yuelong GOLD said...
Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington

Win the Darwin award already!

part one is ANGELA'S perspective. and it doesn't say part one... sorry. just got excited... i never meant him to be whiny, just worried and sensitive, like he's supposed to be. and i don't get what you mean by tighten it up. squeeze the details out of it?

Just_Some_Guy BRONZE, Natick, Massachusetts

Reading is the thing we do to remind us of how much we'll never know.

Ok, I am not a fantasy man but as far as I know this is good? I didn't see part 1 anywhere, does it explain why he thinks everyone will hate him? If not, do so, nothing is worse than a whiny main character.

Other than that, you have to tighten this up, revision is just as much a part of writing as the initial act.

And y'know, most importantly, have fun.

Yuelong GOLD said...
Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington

Win the Darwin award already!

thanks! did you read part one? by the way, i'm changing the title to prophecy. just so you know. in case you want to keep reading

Yuelong GOLD said...
Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington

Win the Darwin award already!

have you read part one? it's the same title exempting the part two piece. some details are in the first part while others are in the second. filling in gaps and forcing the reader to read all of the story, do you get why i did it now?

Yuelong GOLD said...
Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington

Win the Darwin award already!

verbs like what?

speechless<3 said...
You have a good talent for writing, and your imagery was really good--very descriptive. I felt the storyline a little hard to follow at first, like it required some re-reading to get from scene to scene. Try reading it over and making the transitions a little smoother.

Could you check out my mystery short story, "Alicia Inside of Me" and provide some feedback? That would be much appreciated.

~ Helena

NorthernWriter, Fargo, North Dakota

"Only dead fish swim with the stream"

very articulate and I enjoyed the setting! caught my attention from the first paragraph! however...i have to say that you should try to have better verbs. your article kind of has a dark theme if you know what I mean. try to use verbs and adjectives to give the reader the whole ambience of the deal. i enjoyed reading this and good job. if you have some time, please check out my stuff. in the meantime, keep writing b/c that's the only way to get better and ENJOY writing!

-Diva- SILVER said...
-Diva- SILVER, Eatonville, Washington

"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request" -(From Pirates of the Caribbean)

I must say the articulation in your voice as you read this is spetacular. You have a great beginning. It caught me and I just had to read what came up because it was SO good. (I have to get off but I'll give some advise later when I get back on.) Very good

Yuelong GOLD said...
on Jan. 4 2010 at 11:47 am
Yuelong GOLD, Bellevue, Washington

Win the Darwin award already!

i know some of you out there have read this, why not comment?