window listener | Teen Ink

window listener

he's here. everyday, i hear him quietly crawl up the vine and tap on the the pane. no one else knows. I slide the glass upwards without a sound. each movement we make corresponds with the other person in swift and silent gracefullness. One day my mom rapidly knocked on my door, before i could respond, she stumbles in. Drunk. no man could mistake her as sober. I felt tears fall down my hot cheeks as I panicked. What do i do? She has never came in my room like this before. i slipped into my tight spaced closet, and huddle in a corner. I hear her knock things over, glass breaking. I shiver as a flashback overcomes me showing the bruises she gave me ony one night before. i hoped she hadn't seen me yet. right next to me, i jump realizing he is there. As i hug my knees he holds me, and whispers comforting words in my ear. I never noticed how gentle he was. I asked him why he stayed with me. he merely said "Through all my pain you were there, crying with me. Through each teardrop you showed me your love. Now to repay you, I'll take you with me...to heaven. As every gaurdian angel should do."

This peice was made only to pass by the time, although the heartbreaking story is semi-possible, it was completely made up.

on Dec. 29 2009 at 6:23 pm
Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better. -Anne Lamott, from Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life.

Aww so cute, I wish it was a little longer though.