Forbidden Fruit | Teen Ink

Forbidden Fruit

By Stefxbabyy BRONZE, Port St Lucie, Florida
Stefxbabyy BRONZE, Port St Lucie, Florida

Just Grin And Bare It.

“That good for nothing boy. It would do us all some good if his parents would just lock him in a cold, metal cage.”

That was what I heard almost everyday. Hell, he was practically the main topic of conversation in my own home every other day. It was almost like my parents actually knew, they were just waiting for me to confess.
“That Ralphie is one horrible kid. We’re so glad we raised you right Kimberley.” A favorite line of my parents.
I would smile and nod. “Well of course! I know much, much better than to communicate with a criminal like him.”
A lie. A dirty, dirty lie.
Ralphie was the town criminal, the best drug dealer around, and the best kisser.
How would I know about the last part?

Let’s just say I make sure to get my fill of the town’s own personal Satan every night.
I remember when he first lured me in. I was walking down the cold, dark alley. Alone of course. I was attempting to take a short cut walking home from a friends house. I had done it a dozen of times before, but of course that night just had to be my unlucky, or possibly lucky, night. Ralphie was leaning against the alley wall. His spiked black hair glistened under the street light that had been magically lit. His eyes were a hypnotizing blue, and a silver ring wound around his perfectly shaped lips. He lifted a cigarette to his mouth and puffed it slowly, eyeing me up and down.
He parted his lips and flashed an all too perfect smile. “Evening.”

I was frozen. Do I say something back? No. I urged myself. You keep walking. I did what my conscious told me and continued past him without a word. I suddenly felt his arm tugging and I found myself in his arms, my lips to his. His smoky breath was appalling. Yet for some reason, I didn’t want him to stop. When he finally did, I was unable to think straight. I’m sure he noticed it, because he just smiled. That stupid, gorgeous smile.
“What’s your name sweetheart?” He tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear. I swallowed, and stammered, “Kimberley. My name’s Kimberley.”
“Kimberley.” He whispered. “Such a beautiful face, elegant green eyes, and silky brown hair.”
What a jerk. He knew what he was doing to me, and refused to stop.
Good.
“I’m here every night, same time, if ever your interested again my dear.” He smiled slyly.
I nodded. “Well, I’d better go then. It was nice meeting you, Ralphie.”

He chuckled. “Of course you would know my name. Seems I’m a celebrity around here.”
I hated how he knew just as well as I did, that I would be back.

Somehow I found myself sneaking out every night, running to the same alley. Just so I could have a taste of my forbidden fruit.
It went on for months. It had become so routine for me, I was the award winning excuse maker by now. “I’m going out to the store mom! I ran out of gum!” Because where I was going, I was going to be needing that gum. I would be needing a lot of it.
Every time I went back to Ralphie I felt like a completely different person. I most certainly was not Kimberley, she was gone when Ralphie was around. Kimberley was smart, quick witted, and always on her toes. Who I was with Ralphie was certainly not a smart girl. Nor was she quicked witted. And on her toes? You could say that. She did have to get on her tippy toes to kiss him.
The next night though, everything had changed.
As I made my way towards what was once our solace, I saw the flashing lights. I ran as fast as my body would allow me until I got close enough to see the police car. My breath caught in my throat.
“We finally got him. Let’s take him away boys!”

I whipped my head around to see a police officer smiling triumphantly. He got into the front seat of the police car, and drove my criminal away.
He must have known I was going to show up, because when he turned around and looked so expectantly at me, he winked.
My Ralphie got ten years in prison for burglary and the possession with intent to sell drugs. I was full of confidence too, that when he was released, he would somehow, someway, find his way back to me.

Something I wrote for creative writing class :)

emily23 BRONZE said...
emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine

Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning.

haha I like that it was.... intreaging

biddycakes said...
on Dec. 13 2009 at 10:04 am
biddycakes, Charlotte, North Carolina
wow that is funny how oppisets attract :) i liked it! it was very detailed