Teenage Love Story 3

“Hi, I’m Skyler. I’m visiting here from New Jersey for the summer.”Nice. I smiled to myself. Let’s just hope I could stay calm for the rest of the night.

Cammie seemed to manage to give me a forced smile, but I could tell from the look on her face what she was really thinking; she’s staying for the whole summer!!! Like I would make it my goal to ruin her summer. Sheesh. “So how do you know Jonah?” Cammie asked. I could feel her eyes looking me up and down.“Actually, we just met. I just sort of accidently ran into him” I could feel my cheeks getting warm as I looked down at the ground. When I looked up, my eyes met Jonah’s and once again the butterflies were back in action. “Oh, so do you always talk to strangers?”she asked. Just the Hot ones. I knew it was meant to be a dig, but I decided that I it was probably best to act naive. I smiled at Cammie, trying to make it at least look sort of real.”I guess I just like meet new people.” I smiled brightly at Jonah purposefully, knowing it would make Cammie mad. I could already see the fire in her eyes, but it didn’t matter nearly as much as it did to see that Jonah was impressed. I guess he was used to Cammie’s, well, rudeness.. At least now I knew it wasn’t personal…I think. I suddenly felt closed in and panicky. I just wanted to get away somewhere, anywhere other than right here with Cammie giving me the evil eye, her friends doing the same, while the guys talked about whatever it is they were talking about. I looked at Jonah out of the corner of my eye to see if he felt the way I did. He seemed to be listening to John tell some story about football, but didn’t seem too into to it. When his eyes met mine, they seemed to hold a question. A question that I smiled back to in reply. He knew exactly what I wanted. “So, anyone want to ride the Ferris wheel?” he asked, looking right at me. His eyes seemed to light up, as if we were sharing a joke that only me and him shared. “That sounds like fun”, I said. I couldn’t help but smile. A few minutes ago, watching a turtle race would have been fun, but sitting in a Ferris wheel, alone with Jonah, sounded……amazing. Like him. “ I was actually about to get a hotdog,” John said. He looked at Caleb, who seemed to nod his head in agreement as if to say’ Yes, me want hotdog too’. I laughed inwardly and shook my head. Guys. They can be so…..simple. But if they were so simple, wouldn’t I be able to tell if Jonah thought I was cute, or if he was just showing the new girl around to be nice? I guess I was going to have to find out.

Ridelova101 said...
Well first, you kept repeating things like "I'm staying here for the summer." and the n later, Jonah asked, "How long are you staying?" and "As if we were sharing a joke that only me and him shared." Should should cut out, "That only me and him shared" part. Overall nice story.

JustMe replied...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 2:41 pm :
thanks erika4964 i appreciate it :)

Ridelova101 replied...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 6:43 pm :
First, I'm not being picky, I'm giving constructive critsim. Second, if you read the entire comment you would've have seen the sentence, "Overall nice story." Third, don't comment on something a month after the comment was posted.

erika4964 replied...
May 7, 2010 at 5:23 pm :
Well sorry for reading the story after you did and seeing your comment. IT is kind of funny today a few months later I see this comment. Also saying this comment proves you are kind of picky. Sorry to tell you.

DreamrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:43 am :
Well, when you're writing and the plot is down great, improving little things like that improve the quality of the story as a whole. An author has to be picky when editing work, comes with the territory. I loved the story, btw :) very sweet and innocent.

soccercrazy said...
hold on... in the first part you said tara was the lead wolf, but now the only person doing the talking is cammie and you infer that she's the head of the pack.
which one is it?
good story though, i like how you're building playful drama.

JustMe replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 5:21 pm :
um, ya sorry about that :( that was sort of a typo :) so now its Cammie whos the leader, taras just one of her gang :) again, i apologize for the confusion

soccercrazy replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 7:29 pm :
okay dokay. glad to have things cleared. up. =]

adorabiblegirl said...
I can't wait ur leaving me hanging

biddycakesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 13, 2009 at 10:17 am:
sweet! i cant wait for more! i loved how the skylar isnt scared of cammie :)

JustMe said...
Hey guys :) sorry it took so long :) more is on the way

erika4964 replied...
Dec. 15, 2009 at 6:38 pm :
Just keep 'em coming! :)

The Reader! replied...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm :
Yeah...can't wait to hear the rest!