Never Think

I walk to school each day, hopelessly waiting for the sky to turn less gray. Or maybe it's not the sky that's gray. Maybe it's me.

Each day I walk the same way, constantly trying to keep my mind off him.
His ebony eyes that hold such an incredible glare, the distinct and graceful way he moves his limbs to walk. The sleek black hair he never bothers to push back, adoringly messy. His face, amazingly smooth and discreetly pale. The smell he carries around with him. Remarkable smell of sweet honey and flowers, carefully lingering over all my senses, consuming me.

The worst part of it all is when I see him, my chest squeezes,making it extremely difficult to breathe. I become a laggard, watching yet never meeting those luminous eyes.
He sees me. That's when it gets almost unbearable.

I feel those mysterious eyes dancing all over me. They mostly try to find and occupy my face.
When I make myself with all my effort turn, they dig into me. My stomach doesn't feel like it's there anymore. Just a huge knot or ball.
My heart feels like it's going to explode, pounding itself so undeniably hard, yelling at me to keep walking.

I don't. This guy holds me to where I am. Holds me together, if it makes sense.
His eyes turn suddenly wild when I stand motionless, only a few feet away.
He takes a step closer, one back for me.
I keep rhythm with my booming heart, losing any number I get up to.
Another step. Back one.
I wonder if he can hear each thud coming from inside me.
He grins. I think instananeously if it's my cue to leave.
His angelic face gives away nothing but the sight of his infamous gleaming teeth.
I made up my mind. Making an escape.
When I take a step to the side, eyeing the door just down the hall, he jolts to the side as well.
I glare at him, telepathically begging for him to just move.
Now he's closer. I wince, trying to keep control of my heart, silently reminding myself that it could stop at any time.
"Don't," he said, seeing I made another move to leave.
His voice stuns me, but I've become stronger somehow in the last minute or so.
"I'm sorry," I say. "I have to."
He looks completely broken now, mirroring my insides.
I keep walking, using everything I have to not look back.

xLoVeLyCuTiEe428x said...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 4:04 pm:
OMG!! Amazing and you must tell me who this is about, obviously not on the website, but I think I have a pretty good idea.

BleedingRose said...
Feb. 19, 2010 at 10:59 am:
Wow, this is really good! :)

Matt-JT said...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 10:16 pm:
Hey great job on this short story here. I feel like its enough to make oneself feel as the protagonist feels. Great Job!

Keelin2010 said...
Feb. 4, 2010 at 7:23 pm:
This is amazing! You capture emotion so well...and thanks for the help on the haiku poem, im just waiting for it to get approved.

sasssgirrrl22 replied...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 4:30 pm :
sure no problem & thxx! plz lemme kno wen they're published

Imagination! said...
Jan. 29, 2010 at 4:27 am:
wow you are fab. i've know where your coming from with this... nothing more to say, cept keep writing this, it could develop into a full story - bigger than twilight..... lol

sasssgirrrl22 replied...
Jan. 31, 2010 at 8:35 pm :
lol thxx so much. honestly i waznt thinking anything about twilight. this waz way before i started getting kinda into it. i just thought of a topic 2 write bout and wordz and feelings just started to flow. thanx 4 the feedback! :P

Imagination! replied...
Feb. 1, 2010 at 3:35 am :
Ur welcome, just telling you the truth

Katrap said...
Really good writing style, I loved the imagery. Is she thinking about him because she misses him, likes him, or just dumped him though? I was confuzed about that.

sasssgirrrl22 replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 5:20 pm :
ha sorry. i waz thinking about a guy i knew dat resembled this perfectly. she luvs him, but duznt know how 2 let him back in cuz of the pain he's caused her. it waz mainly meant 4 readerz 2 imagine the conflict themselves. lol didnt really work.

Katrap replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 7:15 pm :
Oh, thanks for explaining that. No it worked I saw the conflict in her emmotions and description as I read this. I was just confuzed as to what the conflict was over, love, a simple crush, or a break up, now that you've explained it though I understand perfectly. You did a great job putting her emotion into this. Great job, keep on writing. :D

sasssgirrrl22 replied...
Dec. 20, 2009 at 7:32 pm :
thank u so much. i really need the feedback. ive read many poems but they haven't been approved yet. thx 4 reading!

sasssgirrrl22 replied...
Dec. 20, 2009 at 7:33 pm :
*written poemz :D

Lonleydandy said...
That was REALLY REALLY REALLY AMAZING! I love the imagery that you put into it!!!!!!!

sasssgirrrl22 replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 5:21 pm :
thank u so much. really appreciate it. ive read alot of ur work and i <3 it

Lonleydandy replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 5:45 pm :
Thank you soo much!!!!!

Talia♥ said...
Wow! This is really great and descriptive! Are you going to keep writing? This could be turned into a great story! You're really talented!

sasssgirrrl22 replied...
Dec. 15, 2009 at 7:44 pm :
Ha thank u so much. i posted alot of poems but they haven't been approved yet. Plz check out Change. I really need the feedback! :)

dreamcatcher replied...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:06 pm :
woah. that. is. amazing.
end of story.
keep on going, your fabulous!!