when we miss, we see.

i was walking along the cobblestone road. the greenery growing over walls, the women bargaining with the merchants. the noise rumbled from the bottom coming through my ears as sweet melodies. i felt the wind from the east and the bliss from your eyes. i walked solemnly because i knew that you were no longer mine. the children ran circles around the market. they flew paper airplanes and fell over eachother. their laughter so sweet, so innocent. i laughed like that with you, i felt like flying when i saw you and i fell in love with you. our love was sweet and innocent. i walk over the cobblestones, they are the dusty color of your eyes. i look across the crowded market and only see you. i only see your lovely face, and i only see our memories together. i can feel the warmth of your smile and the sensation of your touch. i walk to the east. i walk towards the graves and i walked towards the sprawling oak. the sun is vast across the land, and i touch my hand to the earth where you rest. where your beautiful body rests, the same body that held me and gave me strength. the same body that moved so perfectly with mine, the same body that followed me while i followed my dreams. the ground soaked up my tears. your hand rested on my shoulder while i laid the flowers over the earth that holds your body. i walked over the cobblestone road, back to the place where our love burned day after day. your dusty eyes underneath my feet. your love underneath my skin. your heart in the earth.