Life or Love...? | Teen Ink

Life or Love...?

I stared out the window at the setting sun. The rain clouds covered the sky and glowed various shades of pinks, oranges, and yellows. The cool wind was blowing my hair around my face. I thought of all the crushes that I’ve had.

Did I really even have any? Did I have any guys that I longed to hold me and feel for me the same way that I felt for them? Yes, only one really…I thought that I had loved him, but that was impossible…He wasn’t handsome and he wasn’t ugly…but somehow, he was perfect…

He was the most perfect guy that I had ever met. He was cute. Brown hair, button nose, pink round lips…and the most beautiful eyes that I had ever seen. His eyes were so full of live…so full of love…not for me or any one person, but for everyone. He loved everyone as he would his own flesh and blood.

I look back and think…did he see me, even a glimpse, the same way that I saw him. I doubt it. I’m not beautiful…I’m not ugly, but I couldn’t catch anyone’s eye. Not me.

I let out a sigh as the sun clouds glow dimmed to a soft purple and the pinks, oranges, and yellows disappeared with the setting sun. A single ray of sunlight flooded the sky and fell onto my face. This ray gave me hope…

Hope that gave me something to look for…not to look for the false love, but for my true love…someone who would never leave me…but rather would never leave my side.

I smiled and let this ray of hope fill my entire body and felt relieved…There was one love I would cherish and I knew would hurt me sometimes, but always pay me back somehow…my love was life.

A raindrop fell on my face and I felt my arms open to receive an embrace…it began to rain and life was hugging me back