Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Today, I made a boy out of pillows and old clothes to look like you.
I told him that I liked his eyes, that they were a spectacular shade of blue. He did not ­compliment me back.
I read him my poetry. He did not offer me a ­critique or wild exclamations of how much he loved my writing. Instead, he stayed quiet.
I walked with him in the woods behind my house. He did not try to hold my hand.
I baked him a lovely chocolate cake – your ­favorite. He did not flatter my delicious ­baking skills.
And when he grew tired I set him down next to me on the bed. He did not caress me, he did not kiss me, he did not whisper sweet nothings in my ear, and he did not tell me that he loved or needed me.
Yes, I made a boy out of pillows today. He doesn't just look like you; he acts like you, too.

*imagine_that* said...
DANG!!! SOOOO POWERFUL....:))))

ArrowHeart replied...
HAHAHAHAHAHHA FUNNY!!!

atimm2013 said...
i love this! i love how at the end, you did the opposite of what i was expecting!

Dancing2222 said...
oooo...Me like:)

BrittyBroo said...
At first I thought that it was a bit creepy but then it turned out REALLY good :D

Steph0804 said...
I thought you would say something about how this pillow-boy looked like you but would never be you and yada yada, but the sort of ironic twist at the end is EXCELLENT. :)

TiwiniS said...

Very interesting!! I like it

prettylittlewriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
that was clever. i liked it

singingwriter14 said...
Oh that was clever. ;-)

beautifulmudblood said...
This was positively brilliant. The way that you managed to have the heartbreak cut deep into the last line of your story was amazing, because the formers were so light... it was fantastic. This took true talent. I really enjoyed this. 

katherinetwizzee said...
Thats so cute. Cause I acctually tried that once!

jazzy13 said...
tht was....AWESOME!!!! u totaly blew my mind!!

writerstar12 said...
wow  that was very good :) l really liked it!

star2brite This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2011 at 10:42 am
Funny in a way and sad too. I really liked it!

hunnybuntwix said...
wow this was amazing

Chasya said...
lol dry. kind of sad, but true.

AnimalGirl said...
May 25, 2011 at 11:35 am

i really liked this. its sad, but in a... good way? lol, idk, but i like it. good job            =)

Mango19 said...
May 25, 2011 at 5:06 am
One of the best closing lines I've read on this site :)

Chanchie said...
May 14, 2011 at 2:37 am
A very thoughful article. I showed this one to my friend and she has asked me to tell you that she loves it, as do I :)

Smartie4Life said...
This is amazing. I was not expecting the ending but that's just what made it better!

Ocean-Rider said...
This was so sad but beautiful at the same time. Keep up the good work.