Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Today, I made a boy out of pillows and old clothes to look like you.
I told him that I liked his eyes, that they were a spectacular shade of blue. He did not ­compliment me back.
I read him my poetry. He did not offer me a ­critique or wild exclamations of how much he loved my writing. Instead, he stayed quiet.
I walked with him in the woods behind my house. He did not try to hold my hand.
I baked him a lovely chocolate cake – your ­favorite. He did not flatter my delicious ­baking skills.
And when he grew tired I set him down next to me on the bed. He did not caress me, he did not kiss me, he did not whisper sweet nothings in my ear, and he did not tell me that he loved or needed me.
Yes, I made a boy out of pillows today. He doesn't just look like you; he acts like you, too.

NaomiStatia said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:03 pm:
I FEEL THE BURN!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly, truely think every GUY should read this! I sent it to all of my friends and posted it on Facebook. 100% all the way! <3

NaomiStatia said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:02 pm:
I will always remember this writing til the day I die. I read it 4 times! I posted it on Facebook and sent it to all of me girls! Perfect in everyway!!!! Short and sweet!

Oh_coconutsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:57 pm:
OH BURN. haha okay jokes aside, this was really powerful and purely genius :) I enjoyed reading it.

MassieKurh said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 1:49 pm:
its short and sweet but really powerful. i loved it and i like how it fits how a lot of guy are.

Mooka replied...
Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:45 am :
I agree it is really good and alot of guys are like that. It speaks the truth to though. That what I like.

FakesmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love it! Great job, keep writing you are fantastic!!!!!! :)

youngwriter10 said...
I really like this you're a great writer. This reminds me of someone I know.... :)

UnwantedNinja said...
This is amazingly writtin !!!! love it a lot <3 reminds me of .....

songbird13 said...
Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:55 am:

your pillow boy reminds me of someone I know...

Jazzyjaz12 said...
i have a question i'm new but so if i put my work out here will people take it and use it as there own??? I'm just wondering i'm hesitant

LiberianBadd said...
O MY GOSH I LUVVV THIS .... when i read it i started to smile ......great work

emattox said...
OH OH BURNN! This poem made me laugh :)

Dreamgirl95 said...
Awwww... So sad. Great writing though:)

Cheyenne G. said...
Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:30 am:
aww poor thing

asoulch said...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 11:25 am:
I really liked this!  Very simple and cute and has a nice point to it.

SamNSox14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 8:26 am:
The ending is so powerful, it wraps the whole thing together very well. It is written with simplicity, but is still a very great piece. 

purple17 said...
really good loved it alot describes many expiriences

prettylittlewriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow, that was good. very simple and to the point. lots of boys are like that! :) i know ur exact feeling. 

rosaposa said...
this was so good! I wasn't expecting the ending to be like that at all. so GOOD!

*imagine_that* said...
DANG!!! SOOOO POWERFUL....:))))