Closed Book

By , London, Canada
What was life if you did not give?

My soul mate Kyle, gave like no one else I had ever known. It wasn’t what he said, or even what he did, but how he did these works of magic.

His eyes were two pools, unfathomably deep, surrounded by flecks of green that buried you far within their core. There wasn’t a day where I couldn’t resist tumbling forward, sinking into the green nothingness, just to discover what lay beneath. Sometimes there were memories, and at other times just simple thoughts. The eyes were the gateway to the soul. Once you were immersed within, there was no going back.

But that just kept me searching harder, futher in. He never hesitated to let me crawl inside him, feel what he was feeling, see what he had seen. Those eyes were an open book, laying visible for me to venture. This was his gift. To show me him, what he was and who he will be.

I never let him see me, what lay beneath my cloak. Maybe he was more open than me, with less secrets or possibly just more love to share. For what ever reason, he gave me him, for the sake of just giving, creating and mystifying.

And now that he’s gone, I feel as though I’ve been closed too long. I’m new, unopened and shut tight. Why didn’t I give when I had the chance?

TeaCat said...
Mar. 20, 2011 at 9:15 am
I like this. Hmm. Yes, I like this a lot.

BonnieBrilliant said...

deep...very deep... nice ^-^

himu131195 said...
Nov. 25, 2009 at 10:50 am
this is really good...i know..i am a closed book too but i am trying to open up because I don't want to regret losing someone

LoveHappens This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm glad that you could relate to this. Being yourself is really important. We need to take the opportunties to express ourselves to others. It's worth it :) Thanks for your comment!