Young Lovers | Teen Ink

Young Lovers

October 19, 2009
By Isoka Webber BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
Isoka Webber BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Both Tara and Brandon were sophomores at Bruckner High. When Brandon walked down the hallway in his leather jacket all the girls looked at him in awe.


Tara always hid her face under books, not caring much about the latest fashions she was teased.


Tara was sitting alone at lunch when Brandon noticed her. She had noticed him looking at her from afar but she just wanted to pretend that she didn't notice. Tara was also a brunette,about 5'4'' with curly long luscious hair and Latino. Her body size was average so she had a nice shape. She then glanced over to where Brad was sitting and then nervously smiled. He responded to her with a smile and a nod, but it wasn't a regular nod just to say what's up, it was a “Let's get together” nod.


Hey got up and came over to where she was sitting.


“ Hey What's up Tara?”,


“ Oh hi Brandon. How's baseball going? I heard you're the best player. ”


“ It's going good and I guess I'm pretty talented but I won't brag,” he laughed “well do you want to hang out or something.”


Her voice lit up and she replied,


“I can dig that,sure.”


“Well, I gotta go now so I'll call you later.”


“ Okay” Tara replied.


Tara got up and went to go dump her tray.


That night as she was laying on her bed doing her homework her phone vibrated,she had got a text and noticed that it was from Brandon.


Brandon:Hey Tara what's up?


Tara:Hi. Nothing much just doing homework


Brandon:On a Friday night? That's weird why don't you just hang?


Tara:Lol yea I have to stay on top of things ya know? I don't have time to hang out and relax unless I get done with all my work. So what's up with you?


Brandon:Wow that must suck for you but I guess that's good that you are an over achiever. Nothing much just watching T.V. So what you doing tomorrow?


Tara:Probably just chilling at my house and watching cartoons.


Brandon:Lol,wow maybe you should take a break from your cartoons and come to the mall with me.

Tara: Lol well I guess that does sound better than sitting home. Okay so then come pick me up at my house at 12p.m.


Brandon: No problem,I'll see you tomorrow then.


Tara: Okay then bye.


Brandon sat on his bed just thinking about his date with Tara on Saturday. He has been crushing on her since freshmen year but he decided not to tell her.


He drove up to her house on the corner of Jolly street. It was a small house that was a cream color with a maple door. Two small big trees stood in front of the sidewalk, with the grass a yellowish color and covered in crunchy brown fall leaves. As he walked up to the door the cool fall breeze swept past him. He knocked on the door and waited for a response. Tara had greeted him at the door and they walked back to Brandon's
red Ford. They simultaneously hopped into the car. Brandon started up the car and drove off to the mall.


At the mall they spent hours talking,flirting,and laughing. As they walked down the crowded mall halls surrounded with a variety of stores, Brandon swung his arms back and forth inching his way closer and closer to Tara's hand,he let his hand touch hers before holding on to it. Tara didn't pull her arm back, instead she turned and looked at him and smiled while squeezing his hand tighter. With their palms sweaty and connected they walked up the stairs to the food court and found a small table right in front of Orange Julius.


“ So are you having fun so far,” Brandon asked.


“Yea it has been pretty cool hanging out.”


“ Okay, well for the past 2 years I have been crushing on you but I have always been scared to tell you . Now I'm ready so uh do u wanna go out?


Tara blushed and nodded.


“Sure,” she replied still in shock.


Brandon smiled and sat closer to her and leaned in to kiss her. At first Tara was hesitant about it but then she kissed him back. He placed his hand on her cheek and gently slid her silky hair behind her ear. They kissed a little while later with their eyes firmly shut. Brandon backed of and looked Tara in the eyes.


“ Okay so you ready to go?”


She replied in a soft voice “Um yes.”


They got up and as they walked back to the car Brandon eased his arm over her shoulders and Tara slid her arm around his lower back.


When they arrived at her house they smooched for a little while to say goodbye to each other in a way that couples do.


Days passed, the weeks, and then months. As time passed the young couple only grew closer. They had a happy relationship with very little fights, they could talk to each other about anything. After school came behind Tara, grabbed her waist, and then kissed her on her neck.


“Hey babe.”


“Hey Brandon”


“ My parents aren't home so why don't you come over and hang with me tonight?” he suggested.


“Well my parents think I'm with my friend so I guess it's OK,”


“Okay so the I'll see you tonight,” he smiled and then kissed her on the cheek.


“Cool beans.”


Brandon walked off and hoped in his car with a couple of friends and drove off into the warm spring air.


Tara arrived at Brandon's house around 8p.m. Saturday night. She knocked on the door and Brandon opened the door with anxiety rushing through his body. He invited her in and they walked in the living room. Brandon turned down the lights and they sat together watching a movie. They sat in the dim light together,their bodies calm and warm. Tara looked into his big brown innocent eyes, smiled, ans grabbed a hold of his hand and said,


“Brandon we've been through a lot over the months we've been together and I never had the guts to tell you that I love you,” she said softly.

He looked up at her;his brown eyes now sparkling with a grin on his face and replied,


“I love you too babe.