EC+AM=4ever Chapter 16

5:30 p.m.
Westchester Police Department

I sat there in the police department, waiting, hoping Ms. Mongolia wouldn't press charges. But who was I kidding? Of course she'd press charges!

My parents were both talking to a police officer about the consequinces of breaking and entering. Kristy's parents were here too. And so was Kristy, Cole, Ash, and Ms. Mongolia. Ash was standing by all of the parents, not paying any attention to what the cop was saying.

Then he silently snuck over to where Kristy, Cole, and I were sitting. "Don't worry, you aren't going to get in any trouble." he said.

"Your mom's not pressing charges?" I asked hopefully.

"No, but when I reset all the plastic cups, I rinsed them off and used rubber gloves. Now they won't find any fingerprints on them."

"Really?" I was so thrilled that Ash had been so cautious. "Thank you,"

"No problem," he replied. Then he walked back over to where all of the parents were standing before they noticed he'd ever left.

I smiled to myself and Kristy looked over at me quizically. "And you're sure he hates you?" she asked.

"Yeah, he's just jealous. So he's trying to make me like him, but it's not going to work."

She raised her eyebrows and I knew she didn't agree with me but oh well. I knew that there was no way Ash could possibly like me anymore. He hated me. And I hated him.

"I'm not so sure about that." Cole said. "It seems like he really likes you."

I sighed in annoyance and glared at both Kristy and Cole. "He's just jealous, but when he finally gets the nerve to ask me out again., I'll turn him down." I crossed my arms and smirked to myself. Ash could try to act all nice and thoughtful but I wasn't going to fall for it. Not this time.

"Ms. Carter?" a cop asked, walking up to me with my parents at his side. "You are free to go. We didn't find any fingerprints on the cups. But if it was you then this better not happen again. Ms. Mongolia didn't ask us to do any further investigation so if you and your friends are guilty then you got lucky this time."

He walked over to tell Cole, Kristy, and her parents the news. "Let's go." Mom stated sternly.

I stood up and walked outside with my parents, climbing into the back seat of Mom's silver Malibu while Dad got into his Toyota Prius. "Was it you?" Mom asked.

I sighed and decided to go with the truth. "Yeah,"

"Why, Evalynne? I raised you better than that!"

"I'm sorry Mom, but Ms. Mongolia made me so mad!" I cried.

"I don't care! That gives you no reason to break into her house!"

"But Mom, she called me a worthless disgrace." I felt tears coming to my eyes. How could such a great prank turn our so horribly?

"She did what?" Mom demanded.

"While me and Kristy were at Sadie's, she walked up to us and told me how happy Ash is with his new girlfriend and that breaking up with me was the best thing he'd ever done because I'm a worthless disgrace." I explained.

I could tell this made Mom mad. "How dare she speak to you that way!"

I hoped that this would cause her to forget about punishing me.

"When we get home, you're going to over there, apologized, and clean everything up. And I'm going to go have a talk with Lori about what she said to you."

I nodded and smiled to myself. I knew what my mom was like when someone got her angry enough. And I knew that she would give The Queen of Mean a piece of her mind.

When we pulled into our driveway, we saw that Dad was already home. He was waiting for us on the front porch. Mom walked over to him and told him everything I'd told her in the car.

"You've got to be kidding me!" he cried. "I know that woman's mean, but there's no way she actually called Evalynne a worthless disgrace!"

"It's true Dad! She really called me that!" I told him.

He sighed and shook his head. "Well that's just uncalled for."

"Yeah, I agree." Mom added. "That's why I'm going to go have a word with Lori."

Dad grimaced, "Just don't start one of those neighborly feuds, honey. Just be kind and subtle about it."

"Richard, this woman called our daughter a worthless disgrace. Kind and subtle is not an option."

I grinned to myself, grateful that I had a mother who stuck up for me like this.

"Come on Evalynne, the Mongolia's just pulled into their driveway." Mom said. So we both walked over to Ms. Mongolia and Ash. "Excuse me Lori, but Evalynne told me that you said something to her the other day at Sadie's. Something that was pretty rude. Do you remember this incident?" Mom asked.

"I'm sorry Holly, but I'm afraid I don't recall." she replied.

"Oh, so you don't remember telling my daughter that breaking up with her was the best thing your son ever did?" Mom demanded. "Or that she's a worhtless disgrace?"

"What?" Ash cried. "Mom!"

Ms. Mongolia smirked, "Well I only speak the truth."

Mom's mouth dropped open and Ash and I matched her expression. "Excuse me?!" she shouted in rage.

I saw Dad standing onn our front porch, watching all of this. Then he shook his head and walked inside. If there was one thing my dad hated it was drama.

"You heard me loud and clear." Ms. Mongolia snapped.

And then to everyone's shock, my mom slapped her across the face. Ms. Mongolia was absolutely speechless. "Who's the disgrace now?" Mom hissed. And then she grabbed my arm and led us home.

"And I wouldn't use my shampoo if I were you!" I called back to her.

She scowled, turned on her heel, and stormed into her house. Ash followed behind her.

Smiler said...
Oh my gosh! this story is truely amazing. I am hooked. I'm just angry that reading a book online doesn't count for pages in my english class:( but that okay because everyone should enjoy reading like I am enjoying this story. It's awesome, thank you for sharing this with the world:)

life_is_like_a_poem said...

WHOOP! WHOOP!

1 point for Mrs. Carter and 0 points for MS. Mongolia!!!!

freewriter_123 said...
Thats what you get you little witch!! (sigh) Revenge is SWEET!

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
haha she slapped her! im cracking up in yo FACE lori!! ahh best chapter ever.

M.S.S. said...
CLASSY!!! YOU TOO CRUNK! YOU A THUG-THY-MUSCLE....i can't get enough

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
lol thanx i'm glad u like it :)

JohnyDeppLover123 said...
WOW I LOVED IT!!! ESPECIALLY THE SLAP THAT WAS THE BEST PART!!! : ]

1iko1 replied...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 12:18 am
Damn, I wish I had a kick ass mom like that! Good writing =)

monstrosity said...
OH MY GOSH!!! That was one of the best chapters yet! Her mom slapping the Queen of Mean was so perfect! YAY!

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
LOL, I'm glad you liked it! Yeah, I have to admit, I did really like the part where Evalynne's mom slaps Ash's mom across the face. She totally deserved it! :)

monstrosity replied...
Totally! The whole time I was reading it, I had this little thrill in my stomach: the story is so unpredictable!

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
Ha, ha, thanks! :)

Sara! replied...
Feb. 3, 2010 at 11:37 am
I completely agree with monstrosity!!

contrygurl replied...
wow this is so awesome i luved it when holly slapped lorri it was hillarious lol