Pardon?

Okay, so you've just landed yourself into a great relationship and everything's going great. You push through the whole, "Meet the Focker's Thing" and eventually you spend more and more time together. A week, two, maybe three passes, and you're sitting on the couch, (snuggling, cuddling, smooching, playing rock-paper-scissors, etc) and the mood gets to that all time high, they look you in the eye and they say..."I love you..." Now for some people you can almost hear the SCCCREEEEEEECHHHHH of brakes locking up on an icy road. After three weeks, is it really time to say "I love you?"

So, with that, I would like to hear your opinions and the horrific "I love you" moments behind them. :)

hanni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 9, 2010 at 4:02 pm:
So I met this guy through a mutual friend. She was a newer friend to me, and we soon became very close. We became like sisters really fast. Her best friend was a boy she had known most of her life and one day he ended up coming over to her house while we were hanging out. I instantly was attracted to him! And apparently...he was attracted to me too ;) We started emailing/IM back and forth without her knowing, and each day falling more and more for this guy. Then, 4 months later...he said, "You k... (more »)

White_Shadow replied...
Jun. 9, 2010 at 10:47 pm :

ah...i've gone through something like this once. But unfortunately it ended with her pulling away from me. But we were never together to begin with. It was super long distance but she would always have a piece of my heart, something only a few people who experienced it may understand.

BipolarPickelz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 3:35 pm:
This guy was best friends with one of my best friends and she thought it would be cute if we got together. So she called him up one night on my phone and we got to talking. 10 minutes into my first conversation with the guy he tells me he loves me and will not be able to live without me. I didn't know what to say, i am not a mushy person at all! So i just froze. my friend ended up hanging up the phone and now the guy stalks me. so i was wondering, what do i do?

White_Shadow replied...
Jun. 9, 2010 at 10:45 pm :

wow that IS an interesting one haha! well, all you can do is either find another outlet for his mushy mushy stalkiness (by finding him a girl like your friend did for you), or just turning him down so many times he looses all hope ha. maybe that might work?

Cassie H. replied...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 9:54 pm :
eek ive got a guy like tht. i never met him but he lives in my town and i went out with him (yes i no its a shame) and after a day he said he loved me i freaked out! i didnt no wat to say so i said it was too early fr him to say tht but thn he kept saying it and he kept messing wit me by saying he was gonna get back with his ex he drove me insane! so wen i broke up with him he wouldnt leave me alone so we got back together but it happened the same way as b4 so i told him we should just b friends... (more »)

White_Shadow replied...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 11:26 pm :

any sensible guy knows when to give up. IF he doesn't give up in a few more months, put a restraining order on him. Hand the job over to uncle sam lmao

JohnnyDeppLover123 said...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 4:47 pm:
Omg!!! I have the weirdest story and i wasn't even with the guy!!! He's still in my class and now i rarely talk to him because i'm still freaked out!!! Well this was last year...and me and him were partners in math. We had to use graphing calculators for the problem and while I was writing in my notebook, he puts in in front of me. When I look, it says "I love you". My mouth dropped open. I had no idea what to say! I never liked the guy, he always kind of freaked me out ... (more »)

White_Shadow replied...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 11:33 pm :
Well, that was completely unorthodox, but really, you have got to give the guys some props and kudos. That's romantic isn't it? Sure, "i love you" from a guy you don't really know sorta takes the luster out of it, but oh well hahaha :)

JohnnyDeppLover123 replied...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 4:27 pm :
I know I should have!!! But i don't just something inside me was saying "NO!!!" Anyway, I tried my hardest to be nice, but yet it was so awkward for me, that I couldn't even see the romantic part!!! I still talk to him though...in a way I would say the same but I never liked him...i still feel really bad :(

Peanutt said...
I am in 8th grade, yes EIGHTH and my first 'i love you' was given to me by a freshman. I don't have a cellphone yet, and we were talking on my home phone for a while (no, we wern't eeven going out) and then, like, 10 minutes after i hung up, he sent a TEXT to my home phone ( I didn't even know you could do that, but it's really cool, casue this computer voice talks to you ) all it said was 'i love you' yah, needless to say, i screamed and hyper ventilated ... (more »)

White_Shadow replied...
Nov. 25, 2009 at 1:29 pm :
ha very nice! yea. But trust me, its the hardest when they say it right to your face. That's when you have to either go with the flow or stop it in its tracks! i'm a sophmore. one i love you story happened to me a month ago!

Peanutt replied...
Nov. 26, 2009 at 3:25 pm :
Haha, Sometimes I wish it would happen in person, when it happens on the computer or phone I never know when to believe them! haha, what's your funnniest story?

**alwaysbeme** replied...
Nov. 27, 2009 at 8:05 am :
aw i know what you mean i got my first frend this year (freshman) that says 'i love you' and he says it to me freely and im like um not used to that but okay 'love you too?' :)

White_Shadow replied...
Nov. 28, 2009 at 12:25 am :
ha yep. you see that more in girls fortunately. I don't have to worry about any guys saying that to me. although one of my friends swears we are in a bromance lmao

Peanut:) replied...
Nov. 28, 2009 at 10:15 am :
Hahaha... niiice!