A Teenage Love Story 2

It was a warm June night, the sun just a glimpse above the horizon, with a slight breeze, brushing lightly against my skin. I could feel my dark brown hair flowing with the direction of the wind as i went round and round on the carousel. I closed my eyes and listened to the soft carnival music in the background of people talking and laughing. Even with my eyes closed, I could still see the joyful faces of children, their eyes wide with excitement, their parents watching them carefully and happily. I smiled, capturing the moment. I made sure to mentally write down all the details in my head, so I could retell it exactly to my parents. It’s been nearly a week since I last seen them and would be another month or two until I would see them again, although before leaving they made me promise to call them whenever I wanted but at least, once a week. Their 20th anniversary was last week, so as my gift, I decided to go stay with my aunt in California for the summer. As my mind drifted to my home back in New Jersey, I felt the carousel slowly come to a stop. I gently opened my eyes and let out a happy sigh. I laughed as I struggled to get off my carousel horse. Feeling dizzy, I went to find a place to sit. As I sat down on a nearby bench, my eyes swept the carnival for a corndog stand. Aha. Spotting one, I started walking towards it. Halfway there, knowing I was supposed to call my aunt at 9:30, I decided to see what time it was. I looked down in my bag and began searching for my phone. Suddenly, I ran into someone. “Sorr-“, I looked up unexpectedly into the striking blue eyes of a drop dead gorgeous stranger. He looked about my age, if not a year older and was an inch taller than me. No words could even begin to describe him.
My heart pounding, I tried to catch my breath. Just when I thought he couldn’t get any hotter, Gorgeous Stranger smiled, making his eyes twinkle and my conclusion rip into shreds. Finally catching my breath again, I tried to speak again. “Sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going, I….My…..Sorry” I stuttered. He laughed, and then smiled again. “Don’t be”, he said. Even the sound of his voice made my heart explode. He held out his hand. “I’m Jonah, by the way “I held out my hand, meeting his. My hand tingled. “Skyler’ I said back, matching his smile. “Do you live around here? I don’t think I’ve seen you around town before.” Deep breathes, deep breathes, I thought to myself. “N-No, I’m just visiting my Aunt for the summer. I live in New Jersey. What about you??” I asked. “I moved here about five years ago from Portland Oregon, so I’ve lived here for some time. How long are you staying with your aunt?” His eyes seemed to sink into mine; making it seem as though each thing I said really mattered. As if I really mattered. My heart fluttered as though it were a butterfly trying to escape. The odd, yet amazing thing was, that, even though it was breathe taking, I loved the feeling of excitement. I wanted to jump up and scream, as though a bubbly volcano had erupted. I could feel it building inside me, as his eyes continued to stare into mine. I loved the way he_oh, wait, he asked me a question. It was hard to concentrate on anything when I was staring at him. He was so beautiful, with th-C***, I was doing it again. Okay, Okay, answer the question, Skyler. “F-F-For the summer”, I said. Ahhhh! Why do I keep stuttering? He probably thinks I have a speaking disorder, I thought. He smiled again.” Cool, maybe we can hang out sometime. I could show you around town, if you’d like”, he said. Oh yes, Skyler would like, Skyler would like Very Much…. “Sure, that sounds like fun. When would y-“, I started to ask, but suddenly I was cut off. “Jonah! I’ve been looking all over for you pookie poo! “ I turned to see who rudely interrupted me, and saw a gorgeous blonde walking toward us with two almost as equally gorgeous girls, one taller, the other average height. The one who was taller was also blonde, but the average height one was a brunette. Judging by the way the gorgeous blonde was walking just slightly ahead of them, I could tell she was the leader of their group. And judging by the look she was giving me, I could tell she wasn’t too fond of me. Great, I already have someone who hates my guts. I sighed. Super. They all seemed to walk in unison, and as if they owned the place, like they were better than everyone else. Their eyes weren’t exactly friendly. As they got closer, I could see two guys with them, who seemed to trail the other two like puppies, obviously their boyfriends. I realized in disappointment that the leader didn’t seem to have one, but apparently wanted one, by the seducing look she was giving Jonah. My stomach turned. “Hey Tara. Hey Steph, hey Cammie. What’s up John, Caleb?” Jonah said to them all, giving me an apologetic look. So the leader was Tara, the two behind her were Steph and Cammie, and the guys were John and Caleb,I thought, hoping I could remember which is which. As they reached where we were standing, Tara went and stood by Jonah; very close, I might add, while the others sort of circled around. Tara wrapped her arms around Jonah. “Where have you been, we looked all over for you!” she said. She gave me a dirty look. “Who are you? C***. Someone call B**** 911. I smiled at my little snide comment, and was tempted to laugh when I saw that my little grin seemed to annoy Tara. Jonah, however, seemed to look amused again. With a deep breath, I told myself that I would remain neutral if anything should happen. At least for now, HeHe. “Hi, I’m Skyler. I’m visiting here from New Jersey for the summer.”Nice. I smiled to myself. Lets just hope I could stay calm for the rest of the night.

krzykrys said...
i think the idea behind the piece is really good but the writing is very jumbled up. at one point i didnt know who was talking. just a friendly tip to improve your piece because if it was put together more smoothly this piece would be fantastic. :)

Gina R. said...

i <3 this pece, btw i'm gina

wetrqtqert said...
to long. got lost after fist sentance

Haleyelizabeth replied...
I agree. it was too gumbled up. you should have different paragraphs when different people are talking, if you did that in the first place it wouldn't be as confusing. 

JustMe replied...

Sorry about all of it being bunched up. I just recenlty learned that you have to enter a new paragraph whenever someone else starts talking. I have already changed it on my own copy. Again,sorry :)

Haleyelizabeth replied...
its fine, you dont have to apologize. No big deal, i understood what you were trying to say.

UnwantedNinja said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 2:45 am
WOw i love the story when u make the next part u hav 2 tell me !!!!! You should write a book :)

angelovestorys said...
i can't want to here wat happens LOL

stellar123cheer replied...
omg i think iread that over like... a bajillion times!! its soo good!!!!! plz hurri and poast the other half rlllyy soon!!

Haleyelizabeth replied...

FYI: Post may rhyme with toast, but its not spelled the same way. 

Friendly Tip:)

xX_so-confused_Xx replied...
toast is more yummy than posts too :)

D_Beauty said...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:19 am

I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPEENNNNSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

AGHHHHHHH

D_Beauty replied...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:21 am

P.S 

written by the white girl friend :D

and not in the bad way since im writing this too :)

JustMe replied...
lol huh? im sorta confused.....but thanks :)

trblue said...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 8:45 am
over the summer i pulled some teenink stuff off the internet, and this pice of work was decided. i love how she got the jitter and i mad to only get 1/2 of the storie.

JustMe replied...
Sorry i havent written the whole story yet. I have a hard time staying with just one story. I'm going to try and find time to just finish the story but it may take a while. Again Sorry, and thank you guys for being patient :)

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow. unlike most romance novels, this one actually sounds realistic.  cool.  and just a tip, can you make the paragraphs shorter?  cuz i kept on loosing my place.

JustMe replied...
lol thanks for the tip :)

sundaelover116 said...
Great story!!! I wish I could write like that!!!

tianaxbiddy said...
wow......itz really good. i love it!!!!