The Summer Heat .

It was a summer day. The heat was getting to me and I was just at that point that if a fly hit me I'd be the one to go off. I was sitting one the front porch examining th ever so common asphalt that seemed to lie on ever street I've drove on. But, today this seemed like the most interesting thing in sight. Most likely because I was bored but there seemed like there was a reason and I awaited for it. I awaited for this so-called miracle inching its way. It had only been five seconds but it felt like five decades. Then of course something had to ruin my amibition, not a shock at all. Here came the fly, the fly I was going to go off on, but right when I was about to scream, swat my hands and make a fool out of myself, I raised my hand at this naive fly that didn't exactly do anything to me, I heard footsteps, running ones at that. I put my hand down and saw this guy around my age running down the street not in the "HELP SAVE ME" way but in that classic way you see in the movies, although this guy seemed different. Wearing those silk white sport shorts I've always wanted but procrasinated enough to never get them, and a traditional Notre Dame short sleeve navy blue shirt with gold lettering, my favorite college team, and a pair of freshly cleaned white low-rise Nikes. It seemed as if he was running in slow motion. I couldn't help but stare at the curly brown hair that didn't quite cover his ears and his blue eyes that glistened like a morning at the Bahamas. I adored it. I was staring so long I anticipated a moment when he would say "take a picture it'll last longer!" But he didn't in fact he was staring too! In that same 10seconds he was around the corner out of sight. I didn't care if the stron passion in the air was gone, he just gave me a new day. A day that wouldn't include yelling, swatting, or foolish actions. I didn't know who he was or where he lived even what his name was but one thing I did know was that he'd be back and I'd know all that and much more. It was a summer day, the heat was getting to me and I was just at that point tht if a fly hit me I'd be the one to go ff. But that all changed.

music_lover said...
Wow, that was really good! You should write a sequel. I really like how you show the readers how irritated you are feeling at the beggining of the story by talking about the fly. It really paints a picture. Please write more!

bobally said...
yeah... im a saggitarius but i loved it!!! awesome descriptions

liban605 said...
Loved it! I really think a sequel would be awesome, carrying on the story :) By the way, i'm a gemini too :)

EmmaXoxo<3 replied...
Really cute story!! Can't wait for more!!!!
P.s. I'm a gemini too!!!!

emmm!! :) replied...
omg! i am a gemini tooo!!! :P

EmmaXoxo<3 replied...
Cool!!! We r all geminis!!!

lost-love-but-still-living replied...
don't forget me!! my b-day's on the 31st of may!!!!! :) :) <3