He Doesn't Even Notice Me, or Does He? | Teen Ink

He Doesn't Even Notice Me, or Does He?

September 26, 2009
By Anonymous

He doesn't even notice me. I mean, he does, but it's just a glance while he's scanning the surrounding area for a friend he’s been talking to. A girl friend, possibly soon to become his girlfriend.
On the first day of school I walked into my third class, wishing for the day to be over. The stress was too much, although it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I was one of the first in the room, so I took a seat at the far end of the room. Once the room was full, I realized I was surrounded by strangers. Lower classmen I didn't even know. My second day in that class I took a seat on the other side of the room with students my age.
That's when I noticed him. He was so cute and when he smiled, my heart skipped a beat. Butterflies flapped their wings, trying to escape my stomach. I wanted to talk to him, but didn't know how. So instead of making conversation I asked for help.
“Um...Do you know how to do this? I’m so confused,” I started off, with a little laugh. I hoped he couldn’t hear the nervousness.
“Yeah,” he said and went on to explain what we had to do.
“Thanks,” I said quietly.
Everyday was the same. Almost. He sometimes asked me for help. I loved when he did that because I loved to hear his voice. I pretended not to like him too much. And I didn’t want to show him how desperate I was to have a friend in that class.
One day, a few weeks into class, he moved seats. He moved one seat over so there was one between us. I could have sat next to him, but I chose to sit in my normal seat. Is that what he wanted? To no longer have to talk to me? I wasn’t the prettiest girl, but he could have just stopped talking to me. It wasn’t like I had talked to him everyday and flirted. I had barely talked to him at all!
It went on like that for a few more classes, until one day he moved back. He talked to me first this time.
“Hey. Can you help me with this?”
I was angry with him so I just said, “Sorry. I don’t know how to do it. Ask the teacher.” I leaned on my arm, facing away from him. Yes, it was childish, and yes, it made my heart ache to do it. But somewhere inside of me, I felt it was the right thing to do.
Those gut instincts proved right, when the next class he sat next to me with a bright, lovely smile. “Hey. What’s up?”
“Nothing,” I said. “What’s up with you?”
We went on like that, making small talk. Finally, what I had been hoping and wishing for came true. At the end of class, he stopped me by grabbing my arm and letting everybody else out.
“I have a question.” He seemed a bit nervous. It made me nervous also.
“Yeah?”
“Um...” he cleared his throat. “I like you and I want to get to know you better. Will you go out with me this Friday?”
I couldn’t even speak. But the look on his face showed me that he was more nervous than I. “Sure.”
His smile lit up his face. I gave him my number, thinking, Maybe he did notice me after all, and walked out of the room composed, while inside I was jumping for joy.


The author's comments:
This sort of happened to me. Except for the happy ending, but I wanted it to have a happy ending, so I wrote it out.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 100 comments.


Maranda SILVER said...
on Dec. 25 2009 at 7:58 pm
Maranda SILVER, East Haddam, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway."

Theres going to be a part 2 soon. I just submitted it. Hope it's as good as this one

on Dec. 25 2009 at 6:21 pm
CanYouSeeTheCrazy PLATINUM, Cle Elum, Washington
21 articles 0 photos 125 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I know why everyone in this world is so desperate to find love."
"Oh yeah? Why then?"
"Because, it's the closest thing we have to magic."

oh, how i wish that perfect love story would come true more often! you told it nicely, i could picture myself as if i was a student in class watching it take place.

good job! =]

on Dec. 25 2009 at 10:59 am
Rachel_Beth GOLD, Rainsville, Alabama
11 articles 3 photos 19 comments
hehe i loved how you said the wings of the butterflies were flapping trying to escape!....so cute!! ;) ..as a girl i totally know exactly how you feel! this was sweet and genuine!! For sure write more ;)

on Dec. 6 2009 at 12:10 pm
JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina
7 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"Love is strange, powerful, and sneaky. You won\'t know it until you find it...and when you have it, never let it go!\" ~JordanNicole

Thanks. He really is a great guy!!! :)

The Reader! said...
on Dec. 3 2009 at 8:14 pm
That was good. You should write what comes next.

Maranda SILVER said...
on Dec. 3 2009 at 6:14 pm
Maranda SILVER, East Haddam, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway."

=] thats a great man you've got there.

Maranda SILVER said...
on Nov. 26 2009 at 7:39 pm
Maranda SILVER, East Haddam, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway."

Honestly, I'm not sure how it would turn out. Sometimes its perfect, sometimes its not. Go with what your heart says. I know that sounds so cheesy. Lol. What I'm trying to say is take a risk if thats what your heart is telling you to do. You never know, you may fall in love.

on Nov. 26 2009 at 6:52 pm
I'm glad you gave the story a happy ending. It's very beautiful.

Next year I'm going to a new school, fingers crossed mabey it happens to me

Lol, ; )

on Nov. 11 2009 at 4:01 pm
writingrox BRONZE, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore)

This is so much like me right now! I need help to overcome this though because it's becoming an obsession. Any advice you can give to me? He's a great friend of mine and I don't want to mess up the friendship. Help!

SaM:) GOLD said...
on Nov. 11 2009 at 1:33 pm
SaM:) GOLD, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
10 articles 0 photos 8 comments
I think almost every girl in the world can relate to a story somewhat like this. And I've had the problem too and honestly if they don't notice you, they either aren't worth your time or they aren't too smart and don't realize you are flirting. keep up the writing, you're a natural :)

on Nov. 8 2009 at 12:25 pm
JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina
7 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"Love is strange, powerful, and sneaky. You won\'t know it until you find it...and when you have it, never let it go!\" ~JordanNicole

that's how ray and i are...i did tell him and he said that no matter what it wouldn't change our friendship. :)

Maranda SILVER said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 7:00 pm
Maranda SILVER, East Haddam, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway."

yah i no sum1 who went out with his best friend and wen they broke up they didn't really talk again. they were really close 2

on Nov. 2 2009 at 5:18 pm
JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina
7 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"Love is strange, powerful, and sneaky. You won\'t know it until you find it...and when you have it, never let it go!\" ~JordanNicole

I really like this. I can definately relate, except I haven't had the happy ending yet... I wish it would come soon though cause I'm in love with my friend and I'm afraid if I tell him; he will get freaked out and pull away from the friendship. I'm trying to hold it in for as long as I can, but I think it might spill out soon....

on Oct. 19 2009 at 10:26 am
Westie_candies2012 BRONZE, Metamora, Michigan
3 articles 2 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get." Forest gump

This is so sweet. I can totally relate to everything.

Maranda SILVER said...
on Oct. 14 2009 at 9:57 am
Maranda SILVER, East Haddam, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway."

lol thanks.

Maranda SILVER said...
on Oct. 14 2009 at 9:55 am
Maranda SILVER, East Haddam, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway."

thank you so much =)

himu said...
on Oct. 14 2009 at 9:36 am
um..its really well written

i love d way she refused to be taken advantage of..!!

on Oct. 11 2009 at 7:07 am
HarryPotterFan09 SILVER, China, Maine
8 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Harry Potter: "This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.-Unknown

Laundry is the only thing that should be sorted by color.-Unknown

That was really really good, and almost like how I feel about this one guy. Seriously, it was amazing!

on Oct. 9 2009 at 8:45 pm
SugarnSpice SILVER, Aurora, Colorado
5 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets."-Titanic

That was so cute! Keep writing!

eMiLyP GOLD said...
on Oct. 9 2009 at 6:29 pm
eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania
13 articles 6 photos 127 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is short; speak your mind, say what ya wanna say, and do what ya wanna do (as long as you don't get caught!).

Wow! That was so amazing! I really liked it! Keep up the great work!