Lovely Prison | Teen Ink

Lovely Prison

September 26, 2009
By Anonymous

“You can’t get rid of someone who loves you…damn.”

I was crumpled into a ball, in the corner of my cell. The smooth, gray walls smelled deeply of spoiled milk and daisies. The smoothness in the concrete ended in my corner of the inhabitant-free (or so I thought) room. The massive indent resembled a human figure. I fit my features into its features, my leg resting inside its leg-like indent. It looked like a crouching figure, as did I as I placed my body into the curious shape.

I was wearing the same, green, low-cut shirt and faded blue jeans with orange flip-flops. I shouldn’t have gotten involved with a “bad boy”, it only landed me here, in prison. Chris had been stealing his dad’s motorcycle to take me for rides to our secret (or so we thought) spring in the forest at night. The motorcycle was partly his, so, it wasn’t so much stealing we were arrested for than underage driving.

“C’mon, Carrie.” Chris taunted. “Let’s take a ride.” I had been talked into it, I was truly pathetic. I only agreed after he pressed his lips against mine, which led to me locking my arms around his neck, which led to us falling on his bed, which led to me stopping him from going too far. Pregnancy wasn’t on my list of things to do before I was 13. So, he hitched his arm to my waist as we jumped out of his one-story-house window, tumbling into the underbrush. He snatched my hand and we fled to his dad’s motorcycle, gleaming silver with the reflection of the moon on its glossy, maroon paint job.

I felt incredibly safe, despite the speed, with my fingers interlaced around his broad chest, watching the silent houses pass by. We stayed on the shadowy forest path, and then we started weaving through the trees, toward the center of the forest. We stopped at the hidden spring in a clearing that was out of sight from humans. “You okay back there, Carrie?” Chris asked anxiously. I tackled him to the ground in a ferocious kiss and he wasn’t half as hesitant as he synchronized his lips to mine and responded with just as much force. We both fell back, laughing and gasping for air after a minute. “Wow,” He whispered with genuine amazement. “I should kidnap you every night if this is what I get for every Wednesday!” “I think, if you did that, my dad would be sitting on the porch with a shotgun, because he has every right to suspect my criminal boyfriend!” I giggled. “We’re talking about criminal behavior, now are we?” He smiled slyly, shifting half of his body on top of mine. “How criminal would you rate this?” My smile dissolved into a serious mask. “Can you have some slight patience? After college and I mean it.” “We still have our clothes on, don’t we? There’s my slight patience.” “Yes, but that can change very easily.” I smiled, unbuttoning his shirt, to reveal various muscles. Man, being on the football team does a body good. He was on top, again, his lips brushing against my throat repeatedly. “Be careful,” He mumbled as I blew his dirty blonde hair out of his eyes. “I could be Edward Cullen.” “You wish!” I murmured as his lips made their journey back to mine.
That’s when lights and officials surrounded us. “Put your hands up! You’re arrested for vehicle theft and driving without a license!”

Chris was in a cell two buildings away. I saw a flicker of movement that caught my eye in the corner diagonal of my own. I scrunched further into the indent, my knees digging into my chest as I pulled them closer to me. “Damn, you’re hot!” A husky voice whispered as a boy of 13 of 14 emerged from the shadows, smiling. “Umm…,” I answered, confusion coloring my tone and my expression as I blushed. “Than-“ “This time I blew it before I spoke. I saw you, babe, trying to mold yourself into the indent I made.” “Your?” I gasped, taking in his bare chest and ripped jeans with Nike sneakers. He was slightly chubbier than average, but it added effect to his perfect, tan abs. His face took my breath away, mostly because of his electric green eyes. “I’m Shawn.” He smiled, offering his hand. C’mon, Carrie, I thought, get a hold on yourself. You, forget about Chris, but get too attached to “Shawn”. I hesitantly stood, my caramel brown curls falling in ringlets around my face, and shook his hand, smiling mischievously. “I’m Carrie.” “What’d you do, start a war with your beauty? You look as innocent as a doll, babe.” A wolfish grin crossed his face. “I don’t know how many times you’ve been told, but you look delicious.” “Excuse me?” “Hot, beautiful, sexy, whatever you call where you’re from, babe.” He seemed like he was teaching a college student the alphabet, he looked so handsome when he was aggravated. “I got caught underage driving with my boyfriend.” I replied icily. “No need to be cold, babe. Being beautiful is actually considered good to some – did you say boyfriend?” Shawn had a smile playing across his face.

“What’s his name?” “Chris.” “His cell near here, babe?” “Two buildings away.” “He’ll hear me.” “Huh?” “Hey, Chris!” He yelled. “I got your girlfriend over here and,” He whistled, looking me over up and down. “She’s HOT!” I started giggle, “O.M.G., you’re so stupid! You’re gonna get us killed, you suicidal maniac!” I didn’t stop laughing, even at the suicidal part. We both collapsed in laughter, because it was so hilarious!

Shawn rolled over, to look me in the eyes. “I wonder,” He said, pondering the answer to his question. “If your boyfriend – I mean Chris – would get mad if I did something…?” “It depends on what it is.” I replied hesitantly, slightly fearing the answer, but I half-smiled anyway. He replied with a grin 10 times more perfect, as he pulled my waist towards him and started sliding his lips from my collar bone to my own. My heart raced as he murmured, his lips never leaving mine, “Don’t worry, babe. I’ll wait ‘til after college.” How did he know about those words I had whispered to Chris in the forest? I gasped as his lips made their way right below my collarbone, lightly tracing my features with his tongue, never interrupting his kiss. If Chris had done this, I would’ve smacked him, but, with Shawn, it felt so exhilarating.

I managed to gasp, “Damn it! You probably do this to all the women prisoners, player.” He laughed, his raven colored hair hiding his face as he made his way, slowly, to the end of my low-cut shirt. “I would call you the same, seeing you didn’t break up with Chris and you’re not doing anything to stop me, babe. But, there is something very wrong with what you said. You’re the first one to experience this.” I sighed in defeat, as he went to work back up my neck.

Then, the strangest this happened. He greedily devoured my lips and I locked my arms around his neck. We started rolling, never pausing the kiss as I gave him a response and he pulled me closer. (There was no “connection”, I swear!) “Player.” He grinned. “You’re not any less naughty!” I mumbled, letting my tongue trace the outline of his perfect lips. I took this opportunity to make small talk. “How old are you?” “16, babe. And you?” “Guess.” “17?” “Not even close.” “I don’t care how much older or younger you are than me, babe. Just tell me.” “12” “You look older.” He smiled. As soon as I get out of this prison, I’m paying for Shawn to come with me. But Chris was going to get out of jail soon, too, and he wouldn’t stop until he found me… because he loves me. Damn it. Well, he won’t find anything. I don’t have to yell at Shawn about boundaries, Chris is a jerk. May Chris, thick-skulled jerk, find someone who’ll tolerate his “no boundaries” state of mind. He’ll look for me anyway. Damn him for loving me more than words can tell.


The author's comments:
Feedback,please!