Part two of Orb

I sat down at the table at lunch with Stephanie and Carol. They were chatting away about the new guy, Derek. I hated sitting next to him even though he was absolutely beautiful. “Did you see the new guy, Derek?” Stephanie and Carol asked me excitedly.

“Yes,” I groaned at the thought of him.

“What’s wrong?” they asked. “Don’t you like him?”

“All the girls are giving me the stink eye, today,” I complained, “All because of this guy, Derek.” I pretty much snarled his name.

“Oh…,” they said absent mindedly. I looked across the room and saw Derek sitting at a table, girls surrounding him. He seemed to be trying hard to get most of them settled down. I kind of felt bad for him. Once his eyes met mine I shuddered. I looked down at my plate and stuffed French fries into my mouth, not so casually.

Stephanie of course turned around, which totally made me feel embarrassed. Stephanie turned back around and gave me a grin.

“What?” I growled.

“Oh, calm down, Mads,” she said laughing. “He’s looking at you and that’s not one normal, casual look, Mad. I mean look at him!”

“No,” I said grouchily. “And stop looking at him! I’m embarrassed!” Carol laughed and Stephanie joined in.

“I think you like him!” Carol laughed.

“I do not!” I yelled.

“How could you not?” Stephanie asked shocked. “I mean look at those big brown eyes and glistening black hair that shines in the afternoon sun. His face features make you want to…, make you want to…, kiss him all over!”

“That was cheesy, except at the end that’s just too…, you,” I laughed.

“I made her laugh!” Stephanie yelled excitedly. “It’s a start!”

“Oh shut up,” I couldn’t stop laughing. Carol was laughing along too. I looked at my watch. It was almost time to go back to class. “Let’s go,” I said. “It’s almost class time.”

“Oh, you’re right,” Stephanie and Carol said looking up at the clock on the wall above us. The girls were still hoarded around Derek until he stood up and left the table. The girls followed him all around. I was starting to get annoyed.

“Hello, Madison,” Derek said as he was passing and he flashed me that smile that made me want to faint. The girls behind him gave me a look that made me want to faint…, from terror. Stephanie looked at me and Carol looked at me and I think they actually understood what I tried to explain earlier.

“Hey,” I said breathlessly, “Derek.” Stephanie punched my arm and grinned. I glared at her.

“Oh, c’mon, Mads,” she laughed. “That was so sweet of him!” Carol nodded her head in agreement.

“Oh wow,” I said sarcastically, “He said hi to me, how sweet!” Stephanie and Carol laughed.

Jesse T. said...

I NEED MORE!!!!!! =D

CandieApple replied...
I have all the parts up LOL XD!! im glad you like it? :D

little-miss-sunshine said...
I think I know where this is going. Great job!

Ildi S. said...
i loved this!!!!!!!!!! is ther going to be a third?!

Chelsea M. replied...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 6:57 am
Yep, I submitted it on Sunday! So hopefully sometime next week it pops up, but this chapter to FOREVER!!!! So, I'm glad you liked it! :)

windblossom said...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 4:20 am
Is there some more to this story? I liked the second part too!! Looking forward to read the third - if its there ofcourse ;) :)!

Chelsea M. replied...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 8:07 am
Yep there is going to be a part three! I submitted it yesterday so in a couple weeks maybe it'll be on or sooner. :)

windblossom replied...
Oh thats great!! :)