Love is a Peculiar Thing

It was weird being in a new place. Everything was different, even the weather. I would much rather subside in Florida than here in Maine. I mean, Florida was where all my friends were.
I glanced up from my sudden trance to look at the lodge. Students lounged around the fireplace and held cups of coffee or hot chocolate. My eyes looked down at me own steaming mug; I took a sip. Faintly I hear a slight buzzing sound. Then I realize that it was my phone.
I’m lonely here w/o you. Megan texted me.
Me too
What are you doing? She asked.
Hanging out at the lodge. Waiting for the storm to end.
Oh, I’m sorry.
Oh well…
I g2g. Love you, bye
Love you too.
“Who was that?” A wind chime voice breathed in my ear. I turned to smile at the figure.
“No one important,” I answered. The corners of her mouth hitched up in a smile.
She stood on her tiptoes; she was a short 5’4”. The tips of her spiky black hair were frozen and her beautiful green eyes stared up at me lovingly. I bent down and pressed my lips to hers.
“Shawn Brown, I am so in love with you,” she laughed; her laugh was a twinkling sound and it washed over me like a wave of peace.
“As I love you.” I stroked her cheek with my hand remembering the last time I did this. Sarah grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front doors towards the snow mobiles. I let her drag me along and tried to forget the nagging sensation in the back of my head.

-----------------------
I called him again, wanting, no… needing to hear his voice one last time. I just couldn’t live anymore. I love him and can’t live without him. I let out a few tears and took a glance at the gun in my hand. Before I did this I had to write a letter. I picked up a pen and started writing.
Dear Shawn,

By the time you read this I will be dead. I just couldn’t live without you. After you left me on the beach about 2 months ago I sat there contemplating my life. I am too depressed to even live. Please remember me after I die. I want you to have the rose that you gave me on our first date. I still kept it after 2 years. Shawn I want you to know one thing. I love you. I really do. Bye.

Love,

Megan
I folded the note and laid it on the desk. Then, as I wept, I held the gun up to my head. My hand shook and I could hear my parent’s car pull into the driveway. Goodbye. I thought; my finger closed in on the trigger.

LillyBelle131313 said...
this is scarry please know it must get better

Jesse T. said...
Heck ya i need more! 

writergirl13 said...
First of all, the guy is a total jerk!! Second of all, is there another sequel to this????

unwrittenlove replied...
Apr. 30, 2010 at 9:31 am
Not really. I felt like this was the end. haha. I mean, she killed herself, so there really is n reasn to write more.....although, now that you mantion it, I might write a little bit more and give you Shawn's view when he finds out she is dead.

writergirl13 replied...

OMG!!!  that'd be so awesome!!!!

stickslikevelcro replied...
yeah, it was totally original! I didn't see any of it coming!!!!! I love ur writing, ur awesome! don't ever stop.

PoetLaureate07 said...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 10:11 am
Heart throbbing!!! That's sorry what he done to her!!!! She loved him with her entire heart, and he cheated on her!!! If he really loved her, then he would have reacted to the similay way that she did!!! True love lasts forever!!!! Even in Heaven ( I believe!!!....)

unwritten~love replied...
Feb. 27, 2010 at 6:39 am
Thank you! I love all of your comments! They are very inspiring!

JohnyDeppLover123 said...
WOW that was incredible i feel like crying!!! awesome job...

Michelle G. said...
jezzzzzzzzzzzzzz way to drop the bomb, i liked it cause not everything has a happy ending, i love it! i think that was my favorite one, great job, A+, LOL ik this is sick and twisted but i was getting tired of love story u know

live.love. said...
ending was a shocker..but i was kinda confused on why he had two lovers? i didnt get that! can someone help me?

unwritten~love replied...
the beginning story is Sunsets. He leaves his old gf and moves to Maine. they try to hve a long-distance relationship but he wants someone new. I never really said her name, but anyway, he cheats on Megan, so Megan kills herself. The End.
Thanks for commenting! :)

bobally said...
WOAH. caught me by surprise there at the end.. awesome writing

Sugar&Spice said...
That was a really nice story. It had a twist at the end. You're talented

unwritten~love said...
u can't believe what?

wtf!!! said...
omg i can't believe